Cach lawsuit

mopman64

I had an acct sent to cach for collections,  they sent me the usual dunning which I never responded to they then sent me to a lawyer in my home state which then sent me a dunning, I did the dv with request to arb.  A few months went by and today I receive a letter from the law firm which reads to some effect " we are filling this with your local court and dismissing case"  there was a motion for dismissal with my court but there was no docket number on it, it read dismissal without prejudice.  

I was never served on this, so I don't get it.  Any ideas? 

That is probably why they are willing to dismiss without prejudice. They figured out you were never served. A dismissal without prejudice means they can refile again when they get more proof of the debt or figure out where to serve you.

scenario two there are bluffing in hope you will pay in order to keep them from filing a suit. 

You could write the atty the hired in your area and ask him to mail you a copy of the suit, but then they could claim the served you and reopen the case. Or you could call the court clerk in your area and ask her if there has been a suit filed. If there has been no suit filed I would not worry about this. Not much you can do until they decide to serve you again.

Pressler, by any chance? Often, with them, you never know you've been sued until you wake up one and your bank account is empty. Make sure you follow up on this for yourself. Never rely on the word of a debt collector 

I second this motion and cannot stress it enough

I handed this off to my lawyer that I had hired to handle a suit with another jdb which he won all four for me, he told me there is nothing in the court system about this and if I get anything else to let him know.  He is a consumer law lawyer that handles jdb and that is all he does and he is very good at it.  So I am thinking that this law firm (not Pressler) read the court web site and saw several cases dismissed with prejudice and maybe decided to walk.  We shall see.