Fidelity Creditor Svc - What steps should I take to (hopefully) get a successful PFD

iwasadonkey

Here's the entry I see on 2 of my 3 credit reports:

FIDELITY CREDITOR SVC

Address:                                                       Account Number: 123

216 S LOUISE ST GLENDALE, CA 91205
(818) 502­1981

Address Identification Number:

Original Creditor:

U S MERCHANT SYSTEMS

Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jan 2017.

Credit Limit/Original Amount:

$468

High Balance:

NA

Recent Balance:

$598 as of 07/2013

Recent Payment:

Date Opened:

12/2010

Reported Since:

02/2011

Date of Status:

02/2011

Last Reported:

07/2013

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

NOV OCT SEP AUG JUL JUN MAY APR MAR FEB

CCCCCCCCCC

Account History:

Collection as of Feb 2011 to Jul 2013 

What steps would you take to get this deleted from the CRAs?

Try going to the OC or straight to Fidelity? Anyone have experience getting Fidelity to do a PFD?

Thanks!

Frankly I don't remember doing business with the OC named. I did have a couple merchant accounts back around those years, but some changed names, merged, etc. and as far as I was ever aware, all of my fees were paid (in fact, for merchant accounts, they take the money straight out of the account they send deposits to usually). I may have been down as a personal guarantor at some point, though I just can't recall the name of the OC listed.

At this point, my scores are 690, 685, 665. If I can get my middle up to 700 then I can refi my mortgage and get away from the PMI. This is the only active negative mark on my report. I had some pretty severe collections in 2006/7 that I ended up settling and getting marked as "Paid as Agreed" in 2009. Hoping that clearing this up might give me that 15pt boost. Am I dreaming?

PFD are virtually impossible, in order to enforce an agreement to delete a contract would need to be signed. Collection agencies do not like to sign any thing that will take the leverage away from them.

Since your credit is high enough for about any credit I would just leave it alone. If they have contacted you send them a refusal to pay letter. This may force them to sue but in court if you offer a pay for delete and they accept there is a binding court order for them to delete it.

Why on earth would a person pay a debt that has not been proven to be their is beyond me. You will be wasting a lot of energy and time trying to get them to sign an agreement to delete.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

PFD are virtually impossible, in order to enforce an agreement to delete a contract would need to be signed. Collection agencies do not like to sign any thing that will take the leverage away from them.

I don't agree with this.  Many people have had success doing this.