Question about flow of dispute process

sawyersdada

Forgive me if I am repeating a post from someone else here, but I have a question about the dispute process. In the Credit manual, the following dispute process flow is outlined:

• Not mine
• Wrong amount
• Wrong account number
• Wrong original creditor
• Wrong Charge-off Date
• Wrong Date of Last Activity
• Wrong Balance
• Wrong Credit limit
• Wrong Status (there are about 20)
• Wrong High Credit (the highest balance you have had on this account) 

If an account comes back as 'Verified' after the 'not mine' dispute, then the next step here is to dispute the Wrong amount, etc. My question is what if you don't have any information about the accounts anymore? If I send a dispute to fight the wrong amount or wrong account number, what ammunition can I use? Or, do you simply dispute it as the wrong amount, etc, and then just go back and forth?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

If an account comes back as 'Verified' after the 'not mine' dispute, then the next step here is to dispute the Wrong amount, etc. My question is what if you don't have any information about the accounts anymore? If I send a dispute to fight the wrong amount or wrong account number, what ammunition can I use? Or, do you simply dispute it as the wrong amount, etc, and then just go back and forth?

Thanks in advance!

Regardless whether you're talking about disputing with credit reporting agency, data furnisher, debt collector, etc., I think you'll find that if you dispute the account, for whatever reason, and it comes back verified, you're not going to be able to dispute it again (at least not for many months). None of these entities are under any obligation to respond to multiple disputes or requests for verification. Make your first one your best one.

I'm a little bit confused. So, if our dispute will back as "verified" then we have to wait few months or we can start another dispute right away?

So you should start off with a not mine dispute, even though you know its yours? And the follow the list down every so many months.?

I think, if creditor sold your debt to CA it means you do not owe them anything. Or second option, if creditor delete records after few years it means they can't proof you owe them anything. Am I correct?