after disputing now showing Charge off

brianrent

After disputing several items that were included in my 2011 bankruptcy (filed July 10th, and discharged NOV.8th 2011)  EXPERIAN has now decided to show all of these items as Charged off in NOV. 2011 with the exception of 1 account showing Charged Off in DEC. of 2011. Many of these were showing lates after my filing month of JULY. I disputed them and some no longer show lates on their website report from EXPERIAN directly but on my merged report from MY PRIVACY MATTERS they are showing either lates or charge offs or both. Is it common for them to show nothing derogatory on their own report but something else when pulled from another company? Also none of these accounts were in charge off status until after i filed. Can they add this info after I file? I would love to hear any comments or advice.

First, I beleive its the date of discharge (not the date of filing) that creditors normally use for marking accounts "Included in Bankruptcy"...some mark them charge off, but to be 100% accurate, they should be IIB and balance of $0.

Second, the only 100% accurate way to get a copy of your credit reports is by mail directly from each of the 3 major credit reporting agencies. Read the fine print in the terms and conditions on their web sites and you'll see they don't guarantee what you see online is complete.

Third, any of the "...do you know what your credit score is?..." web sites are seldom accurate. They're usally associated with only one of the three bureaus. Since the 3 CRAs are competitors, they do not share the latest info with each other.

Yes all of the accounts show included in bankruptcy but thes charg offs and lates are huring my score. My TU FAKO score is 681 my EQ is 654 but my EXPERIAN is 597 so these are definitely huring my score. I didnt think they were allowed to add negative information after the bankrupcy.

If you got all 3, individually, from each CRA...they are supposed to accuratlty represent what that CRA has on file about you. There has been some discussion about whether that includes the free copy you get online and print yourself...or whether you have to write to the CRAs and ask to have a printed copy mailed to you.

But, if you got a report thru annualcreditreport.com that has inaccurate info...dispute it. You are suposed to get another free copy when the dispute is resolved.