sillymonkey

How do I find a good foreclosure defense lawyer (CO)

Does anyone know how to find one? I'm going on 3 mths behind because my servicer will not apply one month's payment. They keep sending it back. The won't answer my QWR fully. They just said my QWR doesn't qualify as a QWR but they will send some docs (they did like copies of the contract etc) but the questions were not answered fully.

Does anyone know how to find one? I'm going on 3 mths behind because my servicer will not apply one month's payment. They keep sending it back. The won't answer my QWR fully. They just said my QWR doesn't qualify as a QWR but they will send some docs (they did like copies of the contract etc) but the questions were not answered fully.

Is your loan a conventional, or and FHA loan?

You need to first determine what modification programs are available for your type of loan.

Simply sending a hardship letter to the lender will most likely be trashed because they do not care. Sending a QWR (qualified written request) to your lender is not valid because it's you loan. The word "Qualified" means a person qualified to represent you. An attorney sending a OWR to a lender is more efficient because they are not part of the problem (they are not on the loan).

Most of the time lenders are not going to tell you the real reason why you were denied on a modification. Lenders are simply saying they are missing paperwork. I have experienced many times after analyzing financials see the real reason was non-affordability. Getting a denial notice doesn't mean you can't get a modification, it means you will have to re apply. If you show non-affordability need to consider rental, or contribution income, etc...

You are in a serious position in Colorado being three months late on your mortgage payments. Your state is a non judicial state, meaning the lender could start the foreclosure process faster without going through the court process as compared to judicial states where it takes longer. The main factor I see when trying to predict how fast they act is the value. Being upside down the lender has no incentive to act quickly because if they foreclose they gain nothing. Contrary if there is equity and they could foreclose sooner and make a profit.

Stay away from firms operating out of California and Florida, these two states have heard countless of times from clients of false promises and no results. Any law firm you go with make sure they thoroughly analyze your situation and you see their attorney license. Again you need to be very careful requesting help.

Good Luck..

• Like 1