Sign in to follow this  
pr4213

Midland Deleted by CRA, Then Same Day Reinserted

Today I got back the results from my latest dispute from equifax:

We have researched the credit account. Account # - XXXXXX* The results are: This item has been deleted
from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: Midland Credit MGMT Inc, 8875
Aero Dr Ste 200, San Diego, CA 92123-2255 Phone: (800) 825-8131

YES! But NO! I look below at the complete updated report, and see that the same account # is now again in my report with "Item As Of Date Reported" = today, same date as the results. Except now it is being reported under "Midland Funding LLC". By the way, the account is paid in full, $0 balance.

I still have another TL with Midland, are they just trying to strongarm me into calling them or paying the other account? Is this legal what they have done? I do keep copies of every report I pull direct from all 3 CRAs and copies of every dispute results.

@ - I'd send them a strongly worded letter telling them they reinserted the account without notifying you in writing and this is a violation of the FCRA.  Just see what they say.  

Will do. I think I'll write it like "oops, looks like you made an accident" (obviously in a more professional way). That way it should set me up well, in the likely case that they'll ignore it, for me to send a stronger ITS letter since I'll have made a good-willed effort to resolve the FCRA violation.

I'll update as things happen.

What caused the deletion in the first place? DV ? Call ?

If DV and they didn't comply you may have some leverage to force a removal.

I've been disputing my midland accounts every so often directly with the CRAs. The equifax results didn't say why they deleted, just that it was deleted. Once I had another TL (from a different creditor) on TU come back as "suppressed pending response from furnisher", which stayed like that for 3 months until the creditor verified, so I don't think the deletion was due to lack of response from Midland to Equifax.