JAMS change of CA representation (same firm) without written notification

sillymonkey

I just noticed this but JAMS states that you have to provide written notice of appearance.

The OC's CA (who is also a Respondent), was using 1 counsel. The heat was turned on and now, the main partner of the CA has made an appearance in her place + filed some responses to our objections.

Is there anyway I can object to him appearing after the fact and insist that he file a Notice of Appearance?

How would that work? Does anyone know?

While it is part of the JAMS rules that one file a Notice of Apperance, unless you object at the time of the event, you won't get much action.

In the long run, the rules are pretty lax on representation, and cuts both ways.  If you wanted to have a friend with a better legal mind you could have that person represent you.

At this point I would send a letter questioning the filings and asking for the Notice of Apperance/Representation per the rules.  It will simply make them file it but let them know you are watching the rules.