Can Midland act as their own attorney in California?

Hello everybody!

I was wondering if anybody knows whether or not Midland Funding can act as their own attorney in a lawsuit in the state of California? This is something I have never seen and it makes me wonder.

Another thing I found interesting in this particular lawsuit was that nowhere does it state the alleged date of default, nowhere does it state there was another collection agency between them and the original creditor, and even more odd was how they included that they:

"strive to treat consumers with respect, compassion, and integrity." AND, "Midland strives to engage in dialogue that is honorable and constructive, and to play a positive role in consumers' lives." Now that's definitely a new one for me!

The complaint reads more like a PR campaign than a proper complaint! :hmmmmm:

Thoughts?

I was wondering if anybody knows whether or not Midland Funding can act as their own attorney in a lawsuit in the state of California?

It's possible that they're being represented by their in house counsel.  If an attorney signed the pleadings, you can google him.