Seadragon

To the residents of Maricopa County,AZ you are being assualted by three law groups who have unprecedented influence with the courts

The Justice of the peace courts in Maricopa county, AZ are showing favoritism to debt collection law firms within the state. They are allowing the use of Summary Judgment as a means to quell defenses of SOL, not correct person, etc which allows these firms to get paid for the accounts which are not actionable.

The Judges have shown when even the issues are brought to their attention they have disregarded plain and evident proofs that these plaintiffs are conducting illegal debt collection. The courts actively cutting defendants out of the picture is at a minimum a violation of the codes of ethics.

Without intervention of all the citizens these pay for play judges will rule whichever way their buddies say. It sickens me that these judges most of whom are not even lawyers, can rule for these plaintiffs even when shown by caselaw they are wrong.

Some of the members here are now faced with costly appeals, further motions, and further abuse.

I think as a weapon for defendants recusal is necessary, if enough people recuse the judges then their political power lessens.

So report the actions to the AZ bar, the judges to the judicial board, or by appeal to get the judge sanctioned.

in closing, I refrain from political discussion of this but must caution everyone to be more careful on your ballot when voting, the judge you absently-minded voted for may be your oppressor some day.

• Like 8

I fought my case every step of the way to oppose a debt I did not owe , to a debtor I had never heard of or had any contact with.

Much like most of the AZ people in here trying to do the same thing.

If you have been in here awhile, you might have followed my thread, offered advice(thank you) and helped me have the courage to get all the way to trial.   Only to find a "judge" who knew nothing of what he should know about case law.m Who stopped my trial and di not rule until over three months later---AGAINST ME.  Hope his payoff was good.  The only reason he is in that chair is because my friend died in her second term . Now I am certainly not racist by any means but a judge of a certain color and a brother lawyer of a certain color????. I pretty much knew I was done when I saw the bro enter.

Not going to let this white girl beat you bro, said the judge.

End of story

NOT  Here comes the appeal!!  He has already lost at least one in SUP court. Get ready CW to lose another

Oh, Sorry Forgot to say , Write a letter to Tom Horne , Our AZ atty General

1275 West Washington St

Phoenix, Az 85007-2926

Send a copy of the bogus affadavit

Tell him how mad we are the JDB's are clogging up the court system.

Make a move to remove these "judges from their positions and replace with lawyers who know and will rule on the law

If we all do it now we can make a difference just like in other states!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Wow, I should not post when I've been soaking up my judgement against me with keystone light. LOL. But I am very serious about we Arizonans getting together and making a stand to the AG. All it takes is a letter, a fax, an e-mail. When good men , and women do nothing, evil and unjustice prevails.

If we are smart enough to represent ourselves, we can band together and make some noise here.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any of those three Law Groups named by OP.

Does Blatt, Hasenmiller, Leibsker & Moore belong to this "troika" (threesome) ?

They are allowing the use of Summary Judgment as a means to quell defenses of SOL.

"SOL defenses are not favored by the courts in Arizona."

I found this info (in comments for ARS 12-548 "SOL 6 years") in the big book "ARS Title 12" in my local library.

So this means you (we) have to change strategy... anytime we are sued, we need to counter with a FDCPA claim... most likely, they will remove the case to Federal and get it out of the JP courts. 

• Like 2

This information about the justice of the peace judges in AZ is exactly what has led me to not trust anyone. I took the women who owned the Townhouse to court when she illegally evicted me after the Home Invasion. Against all my paperwork, proof that she was retaliating after leaving us without A/C for 21 days in the end of April, the notices she had given me that were lies that I proved. Everything. I don't trust the AZ courts or the police department. I hate them all and I no longer have any patients with any of them. I just dare them to run into me in a dark alley. I was someone who didn't believe in guns and or violence. Well, now that I am the one that has suffered at the hands of criminals. The police are as bad as the criminals. They sat outside while I was being assaulted. The courts have done nothing but add insult to injury by allowing the police to keep my cash that was recovered from the robbery. The prosecuting attorney  isn't really interested in putting criminals away. His only interest is in getting a conviction on cases in front of him in order to serve his  political agenda and look good. Everyone says turn the other cheek, try to forgive and forget. Holding onto the anger is only hurting yourself. Yeah, well, the whole reason I am faced with this summons is because I can't pay it due to the Home Invasion and loss of my income. It's not enough for me to wait on Karma. I want to hear and see it happen.  I hope that they are bleeding on the side walk in the middle of the night somewhere and I can walk by them and laugh. I know that I am dealing with these Justices of the peace in defending myself against the company's like Asset Acceptance. Look at this, http://www.consumerlitigators.com/2918/consumer-news/asset-acceptance-pays-nearly-3-cents-per-dollar-to-control-2-billion-in-consumer-debt/

Now, tell me that their claim against me in count two title unjust enrichment isn't ridiculous!

Hot in AZ is right.. I am working on my letter to the Ag... in my case the judge did not rule in any of my Requests for leave to amend anything. He just returned them all blank with no decision.  Then turns around and rule in favor of the JDB, now I'm going to request a definite answer feom the judge to either vacate the order or go to appeals and have his judgement overturned. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any of those three Law Groups named by OP.

Does Blatt, Hasenmiller, Leibsker & Moore belong to this "troika" (threesome) ?

scumbags be any other name.

Sorry to engage in Saber rattling, but the transition from scared little rabbit to pissed off wolf must occur to be effective against a stacked deck. The fact these predations are occurring should leave a bad taste in the AZ supreme courts mouth as the states courts have devolved into the country club sitting room.

can not one consumer attorney go and swing for the fences in Maricopa county? Sickens me. However Tsun Tsu would see it as this, They underestimate you therefore you have to show them that their actions have consequences and repercussions. As for the posters who have to motion to vacate now you can push a little further and get it overturned and preserve the right s and issues of appeal.

• Like 1

Also , Anyone In Arizona in this forum , should write the atty general to investigate JDB's from out of states clogging up the AZ courts with cases against citizens who owe them nothing. I am going to contact a friend at channel 5 in two weeks to have them investigate this story so get writing the AG please.  Let's make some noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also , Anyone In Arizona in this forum , should write the atty general to investigate JDB's from out of states clogging up the AZ courts with cases against citizens who owe them nothing. I am going to contact a friend at channel 5 in two weeks to have them investigate this story so get writing the AG please.  Let's make some noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't do any good.   This state is largely run by a good old boys network and I fully believe that the judges, particular in the Maricopa Justice Courts, are simply too far in bed with these debt collection outfits.    It would take a massive investigation and some serious cage-rattling by some determined consumer advocacy groups and I don't see any movement towards that.    Your best bet is quite simply to leave Arizona if you have a lot of debt, re-settle in a state that is more consumer friendly until you've taken care of all your debt-related issues or the SOL has run out.  Either that or spend the money for a good consumer rights attorney and there are a few out here that are certainly worth hiring but basically you're looking at some rough sledding going it your own, there's some good judges and there's some judges that simply aren't going to give you the time of day, unfortunately  it seems like you have more of the latter and less of the former. 

I disagree. I testified in both Phoenix and Mesa against the "fluoridation" of our water suppy.  I spoke twice at SRP on the rate increase and how UN Agenda 21 is forcing them to raise price. Long story but I made a difference there.

And I marched in Tempe against Monsanto and Gmo's  and am getting ready to again in the middle of this month.

So I am not one to see going against these judges that usually don't even know case law as a losing process.  Who else has tried to fight.??

We all start appealing and they will notice.  And I will not pay Midland Funding a Dime!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Ever!

It really bugs me that A LOT of these judges....aren't lawyers.     They are elected and you've got a range of stay-at-home mom's, electricians, plumbers...etc, people without any sort of real legal background.     Go look on the webpage and see how many have no formal background in law, such as this gentleman, a cattle racher who moonlights as a judge.   

http://justicecourts.maricopa.gov/Judges/jpGetzwillerJoe.aspx

Joe B. Getzwiller was sworn in as the newest Maricopa County Justice of the Peace for the Ironwood Precinct on July 25, 2001 by the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors.

Judge Getzwiller is a native of Arizona and a self-employed cattle rancher.

His previous work experience included 3 years as a member of the American Screen Actors Guild and 17 years as a professional rodeo cowboy.

The current judge in one of my cases is not a lawyer.    I actually consulted a consumer rights attorney who basically said that even with representation, it all comes down to a roll of the dice as to which judge you end up with, the JDB could have a completely weak case but if the judge doesn't understand the legal rationale behind the defense's case and WHY the JDB's claims are lacking, it won't matter one bit. 

So we work our butts off preparing our case over 9 months(our little baby) only to find out the doctor does not know how to deliver it??? And we are not outraged???? And we decide to bury it?? Not Me

My baby has a name APPELLANT

So we work our butts off preparing our case over 9 months(our little baby) only to find out the doctor does not know how to deliver it??? And we are not outraged???? And we decide to bury it?? Not Me

My baby has a name APPELLANT

The problem with appeals is A.  they're very pricy and B.  Unless you specifically went out of your way to request a court reporter, there's very little record left behind for an appeals court. 

Simplest thing I can think of is just to get out of this state completely, make sure wherever I go next has no "Justices of the Peace" type BS.   Its utterly mind-boggling that I can go to jail for practicing law without a license but we take people without legal degrees, without any formal legal training and make them judges.  

They record the trials and I have the CD. And it is $72.00 to file with a $250.00 bond. I think they are ruling against us so they can get more revenue. I will be bringing this up in a second complaint to the AG in my husband's name.

"SOL defenses are not favored by the courts in Arizona."

I found this info (in comments for ARS 12-548 "SOL 6 years") in the big book "ARS Title 12" in my local library.

Unless of course a pro se files a cause of action against a financial entity one day outside of the SOL. At that point I would expect to see serious favoring by the courts in Arizona to the old SOL defense.

Of course a suspected criminal in Arizona should rely on the disfavor of the courts in regard to their SOL defense.

Those looking for justice are going to often be disappointed. The best I know to do is to play smart and never give up. The system prevails most often by us making fatal mistakes or being fatigued and giving up.

You need to understand the case law you argue for your case better than the judge (I know that is often a low standard), make that record for appeal, and figure out how to make an appeal happen. When a judge is reversed on appeal it is unlikely they will pull the same errors later and others can use that opinion and even memorandum decisions to guide the judge in their case.

I can't get on board with all of the conspiracy theories here.  The reason is defendants in debt collection lawsuits usually win when they are represented.  If it were a conspiracy between the JPs and the debt collection industry, it would seem the bias would exist regardless of representation or pro se.  Otherwise, you would have to include the lawyers representing the defendants in the conspiracy, and that just doesn't seem likely because of the number of people involved.  Hell, the most powerful man in the world couldn't manage to get a hummer in a closet of the Oval Office from an intern without getting caught.  And that was just two consenting adults involved.  To pull off a conspiracy of this magnitude would be nearly impossible, especialy when you consider the players and the fact that it only takes one of them to blow the cover.

I think a more logical explanation is the JP's are lazy and/or uneducated.  Lazy...well, that's easy to see why they rule against the unrepresented defendants.  As to the uneducated JP's, they probably want to do the right thing, but realize the lawyers know infinitely more about the law than he/she does.  If one side has a lawyer and the other doesn't, who do you think will have the most persuasive argument?

• Like 2

I can't get on board with all of the conspiracy theories here.  The reason is defendants in debt collection lawsuits usually win when they are represented.

If it were a conspiracy between the JPs and the debt collection industry, it would seem the bias would exist regardless of representation or pro se.  Otherwise, you would have to include the lawyers representing the defendants in the conspiracy, and that just doesn't seem likely because of the number of people involved.  Hell, the most powerful man in the world couldn't manage to get a hummer in a closet of the Oval Office from an intern without getting caught.  And that was just two consenting adults involved.  To pull off a conspiracy of this magnitude would be nearly impossible, especialy when you consider the players and the fact that it only takes one of them to blow the cover.

I think a more logical explanation is the JP's are lazy and/or uneducated.  Lazy...well, that's easy to see why they rule against the unrepresented defendants.  As to the uneducated JP's, they probably want to do the right thing, but realize the lawyers know infinitely more about the law than he/she does.  If one side has a lawyer and the other doesn't, who do you think will have the most persuasive argument?

• Like 1

BS Harry

@hot in az

Care to back up your position with some kind of an argument and/or data? I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong, but you have to put something on the table for consideration.

Why can't CIC members run against all the judges in Maricopa county. I mean really that would be cool. What about you @Harry? You seem like a fair guy.

I appreciate the nod, but I'm afraid, in my case anyway, I would only be perpetuating the problem. I'm no where near knowledgeable enough in all aspects of law to meet the standard I want to hold the JPs to. And I'm entirely to opinionated, biased and stubborn to be equally fair to both sides in every case. With the exception of my honesty about my shortcomings, the other traits might make me a good JDB lawyer though. ;)