Help needed with default judgement with Discover Card.

NOXPLOAD

Hello All.  I haven't visited the boards for quite some.  I've tried to work on this on my own but my lack of efforts has caused me to fail on trying to solve this issue.  Basically I failed to show up at a pretrial hearing back in February because I got my dates mixed up.  I knew that I could filed to set aside the default judgement at the time but I was lost at how to proceed.  I have no idea how to fill out the forms but then again I didn't even try.  I was hoping that I would get another date to show up for a hearing but I was unaware that this was the last straw.  The judgement is for $6,899 with 4% interest awarded.  

I also know that I could have filed for JAMS but I was completely lost as to how I was to apply.  I thought I needed to bring up a violation but I couldn't find any.

So my question is this, can this be reversed.  Is it too late for me to still file for JAMS.

According to the letter that I received I start paying $35 each week on the 25th of this month.  Do I need to cancel my bank account and stop my direct deposit from work?

The letter does not explain how I am expected to pay.

Thank you to all for any info you can give.  I know I will have a lot of catching up to do.

I live in the New London county in CT.

You cant file with Jams unless you have a case to file.  They already have a judgment.  Your rules of civil procedure has a rule in there about vacating judgments, I would search that out.  You only have a specific amount of time to ask for a vacate of judgment, and even then you need a very good reason.  I don't know if getting your dates mixed up will suffice as a reason, but read your rules, it will tell you how to proceed.  If you are successful in getting it vacated, you may be able to request JAMS depending on how far in to litigation you are.

• 2 weeks later...