Can I report my good credit from one cra to another

sprlck9

Heres my problem, through the past 7 years I have taken out 3 loans from my credit union 1 personal loan for $1000, 1 for $3000 and a car loan for 20,000.

I paid them all off on time everytime without ever missing a single payment ever,but they only reported to Transunion.

I called the credit union and asked if they could report to the other 2 and the lady really didnt have an answer for me ( i dont think she knows) but she did say she would look into it for me and call me back.

She also told me that at the time when I had the laons they did only report to Transunion but they currently do report to all 3.

So my question is if my credit union  cant help me out, what can I do if anything? Is there anyway I could get Equifax and/or Experian to use the information from my Tranunion report to add the three accounts onto there reports?

There is a big difference in my scores, Eq and Ex are about the same but my Transunion score is about 80 points higher and the only real difference between the three is that these accounts arent on Eq and Ex so Im sure that would bring my scores up quit a bit.

First, the credit reporting agencies (CRAs) are competitors.  They do not take each others word for anything (unless ordered to by law).

Second, you are not their customer.  The creditors are.  They only accept data from their customers (again, unless ordered to by law).

So...if your credit union won't report to all three, there isn't much you can do except open a credit card thru your credit union.  Since CCs are usually handled by someone else, that might get reported to all three.

I have no idea what I can do but it sure dont seem fair to me, you would think they would want accuret info but I guess they dont give a crap. Should be some kind of law to force them the CRA to report all your good credit. Im giving my credit union another day to get back with me and if they dont I will call the CRA and ask them what if they will accept the info from transunion , I dont see why they cant take that info and then just verify it with the credit union.

Lasy resort will be to contact either a lawyer or a realtor, I bet a realtor would know what to do if your trying to buy a house through them lol.

Anyway, I will update this thread with what all I do for future reference.

Anybody else have any suggestions or experience with this situation, Im all ears!

Been on the phone all day with no luck at all.

CU says they cant report it because they are already paid off before they starting using some kind of new system but said if I could get the CRA'S to request the info from them that they would verify the accounts for me.

I called the CRA'S and they just flat out refuse to do anything at all.

Guess ill just keep doing what im doing, I have 4 credit cards im using 10% on each month and paying off all but $10 on each.

I was told not to pay them completly off ( leave a small amount on each one).

This has brung my scores up about 50 points in the last 2 months so I will continue to do this, after 3 more payments on time 2 of cards limt will be increased also so that shoukd help out also.

I was told not to pay them completly off ( leave a small amount on each one).

This has brung my scores up about 50 points in the last 2 months so I will continue to do this, after 3 more payments on time 2 of cards limt will be increased also so that shoukd help out also.

Okay, here's the thing.  If the scores you are looking at came from anyone other than FICO...they're bogus.  Nobody who's going to offer you another CC, mortgage, or auto loan looks at anything other than FICO, and FICO algorithms are secret, so if any of the other scores happen to come close its merely coincidental.  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Second, the "don't pay them off completely" advice applies ONLY to the "utilization" factor included in the FICO Bank Card score (the "sucker score") which CC's use to determine who they will make money on.  Having a sucker score in the mid 600's will get you more credit cards.  You have 4 already...do you need another?

My advice?  Close the two with the highest interest rate or the ones that charge you a fee.  Then, read my signature.

• Like 2