Past 7 years on CRA's but I think it's been re-aged. Now what?

evel_knievel

I have 2 negatives on my reports. One is a judgement that will be on there for another 2 years and it's been paid long ago and it's marked paid. I'll have to live with it.

The problem is a collection from Midland Funding for an old Verizon bill that I didn't agree with!

It's been 7 years now since the 1st delinquency and I need this removed but not sure what steps to take.

I did the online dispute process with all 3 CRA's in August when it wasn't past the 7 years. None of the disputes were successful and Midland updated the info.

However, at the beginning of the year I pulled my CR's and TU & Equifax showed the Midland account would come off in Dec of 2013 and Experian showed it would come off Oct 2013.

Luckily I saved copies of those reports!!

Is there any way I can use the Experian report that shows it's due to come off Oct 2013 to get these removed? Some sort of certified letter with a copy of this report showing this info?

Other than this report, I have no proof of the original 1st delinquency date with Verizon.

How should I proceed to get this negative gone?

Thanks for all your help.

Depends, do you have anything better to do in the next 2 months than watching paint dry?

What will happen is that if you sent a removal letter today, the CRA has 30 days to respond. That gets you to mid- November. If they respond that the line stays, you have to send Midland a 623 letter which is another 30 days. That gets you to mid-December and the tradeline will be removed anyways.

If the difference had been 3 or 4 months, I would have said go for it. For 2 months, the best course of action is to be patient.

Keep the reports however in case they think they got away with something and try to reage again. Give them enough rope to hang themselves (and in the case of Midland Funding, they do not need much rope).

I don't see how it's going to fall off in a couple months when it appears as though it's been recently re aged.

I think they re aged it when I did the online dispute with the CRA's

@evel_knievel

The only way it can be re-aged for the purpose of keeping it on your CR longer is if the date of first delinquency (DOFD) is changed.  The original creditor's DOFD is the date that determines the 7 year reporting period. 

@evel_knievel

"Opened" is the date the CA or JDB opened the account in their files.  They're not claiming that as the date you opened the account.   If the OC is reporting, see what is being reported as the DOFD.  That's the date that matters.

A CA/JDB entry is supposed to fall off your CR at the same time as the OC's entry.