Employment Info

vision2014

I've just started my credit repair journey.  Very excited to start seeing results.  We had made some hard and what we thought were good financial decisions to help us reduce our debt, but so much needs to be corrected now.  Want to buy a home in two years or less.

My questions is about employment in the personal section, does it matter if your current employer is listed or not?  Is there an advantage to having it listed or not?  I've disputed my husband's info on one report so far, but wanted to know if it affected any of my efforts in the future (other than just having it be accurate)?

So, to clarify, I should have all employers other than current employers removed?  As of right now, no employer is being displayed.  Is it wise to add his or my (when I get to it) current info?  I don't feel like it should read like a resume, but does having continuity of employment shown help in the long run?

If the posting of employment is correct, why would there be cause to dispute it?  If anything, it would help employers confirm employment listed on your resume.  It is known that some people lie on their resumes, and some employers are concerned about that, while many employers won't even confirm individual cases (no idea if those would list the employment via a credit report).  I don't think being listed there would hurt either new employment opportunities, or credit risk, unless there is some specific pattern.  In my field of work, there are often employers who only need me for a few months (to build a data center ... which I did in 3 months for a couple employers, and moved on because they didn't need to build any more).  If a potential employer asked me "why were you only there for 3 months?" ... I'd answer "because they only had one thing for me to do and I got it done in a timely manner".  A new employer wanting a data center would not ask that.  But I don't do that work anymore, so I may run into that in the future (have not, yet).

admin & lion hunter,

Thank you for that info.  Makes sense to have them on there, I will update them to reflect current employers. 

You might have a hard time doing this by writing the CRAs.  A better way would be to fill out a credit application and list your employment.