credit agency trying to contact me

I have had a few people calling my home, talking to my wife as she says that I am not home. They say they can not talk to anyone but me so I am sure it is a credit agency. As I have had a few cards that were charged off about 4 years ago. Do I talk to them, or continue this game of telling them I am not here. I answered the phone once and told the lady on the other side that I was not here, she answered me by saying I think you are Joe Doe why wont you just tell me.  I then told her the phone call will start to be recorded and she said I am recording you also, and hung up the phone. I think I have to start building the case now. I have plenty of time to read and will start reading past posts but in the mean time are there any suggestions

Thank you

Iamweldar

Why talk to them? If you happen to answer the phone, tell them to send it in writing. When they do, you will write back requesting validation of the debt. Send it certified mail. They will be unable to contact you again until they send you a debt validation.

For the future, colorado is a one party state, you do not have to tell them you are recording, and I recommend if you have the means, do record them.

• Like 1

Why talk to them? If you happen to answer the phone, tell them to send it in writing. When they do, you will write back requesting validation of the debt. Send it certified mail. They will be unable to contact you again until they send you a debt validation.

For the future, colorado is a one party state, you do not have to tell them you are recording, and I recommend if you have the means, do record them.

Thank you very much

Iamweldar

Its best never to talk to the creditors nothing good can come from it.

Debt collectors just try and scare you into paying them.

You may get sued so start to study the rules of civil procedure and rules of the court.

Read some of the cases going on it takes a few weeks of study to start to understand.

We have a secret weapon in Colorado her name is shellieh98 she is a genius, a nurse, a model, and she knows how to fight junkdebtbuyers like a lion.

• Like 5

Make sure that your parents or famaily do NOT make a payment for you. Sometimes the creditor will tell them something like your going to jail if they don't get money. Thats a lie. It will reset the SOL. DV them as soon as you learn who it it. Usse Racecars DV letter, not the one in the stickeys.

Debt Validation Request

Your Name
Your Address

Their Name
Their Address

Account number

Date

Dear debt collector,

This letter is in response to your letter dated 10/14/2013.

I dispute this alleged Business name account in its entirety

As per the FDCPA 1692g, I am requesting validation of the alleged debt.
All phone calls are inconvenient, so all communications need to be by us mail only.

Best Regards,

Your name

To talk to a debt collector or to not talk to a debt collector, It is ultimately your choice. If the phone ringing does not bother you then don't answer it. One thing that it can help when you do not answer them is they may give up and sell the debt, creating even more problems with the chain of custody for the next collection agency. On the other hand they could get tired of it and file a suit against you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I asked them their address, they said they would send me a letter. What they did send was a letter saying

Dear Sir/Madam:

Our client has authorized us to settle on this account. Our client has allowed us to offer you the option of the following two (2) repayment plans in order to settle this balance.

Please choose one of the following options and forward this letter with your payment to Asset Management POrofessionsals. LLC. in the envelope provided.* My balance will be settled in full by a one time payment of $1,_------ or

*My account will be settled in full by (3) equal eonsecutive monthly payments of $4--.--

If you would like to discuss alternative payments arrangements please contact this office at 888-355-7515 For your convenience our acoount represtatives accept several forms of payment.

Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you sispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereop, our offfice will assume thes debt is valid. If you notify this office in writing with in 30 days from receiving this notice that you sispute the validity of this debt or any portion theriof, this office will obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgment and mail a copy of such judgment or name and address of the original creditor it that is defferent from the current creditor.

I am goint to dispute the debt and ask for a validation. any other suggestions

This came from Asset Management Professionals, LLC stating that the current creditor is CIGPPF 1 CORP and the origional creditor is Synovus

Dear Sir,

I dispute this debt, it is not mine. I herby request you send me debt validation.  Phone calls are inconvienient, so please do all coorespondance in writing.  Thank you Lamwelder.

Well now they know your address, they will either verify the debt, or quit collecting on it.  They really don't have to quit calling you once they verified the debt even if you tell them not to.  In order for that you have to send a cease and desist letter, but if you do that, they may go straight to suing you.

• 2 weeks later...