Letter From CFS2 After Disupte w/ CRA

pr4213

I had an Experian dispute that was finalized earlier this month - one of the tradelines I disputed was an account with CFS2 that was returned to Experian as verified. Then today, I received a letter from CFS2 dated the date my dispute was closed:

I never directly sent them anything, never called, never received any calls to not answer. It looks like the top portion would satisfy the validation requirements...they list the original creditor, original account, and balance. What is this letter, and does it leave any doors open to have their TL taken off of my reports? My issue is that they were supposed to investigate it by request of the CRA, they verified the account as correct/valid, and now they are saying that they don't have the necessary documents to make the verification they already made.

Read this thread http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/321844-a-debt-collector-with-a-heart/

CFS2 is a "reformed" (cough, cough) CA who claims to want to "help" debtors manage their bad debts.  The CRAs would have notified them of your dispute and they're using that as an opportunity to contact you.

IMO, its a scam.  But, I'm guessing that your account has been sold to them, and they will be contacting you again to arrange payment.