Posting a judgment

Usagi

I got a judgment in North Carolina against a landlord who illegally kept my security deposit and simply partied with my money.  He has claimed exemptions for his car and all personal property. He doesn't own any real estate.  NC protects debitors far better than creditors. He thumbs his nose at me and sports a Florida tan while I barely get by, so yes, I'm rather unhappy about this.

North Carolina law makes it just about impossible for a creditor to get paid. The only thing I feel that I can do is make sure the judgment is on his credit record.  Perhaps that may eventually encourage him to pay me.

I do not know his Social Security number but the person has a very unique name. Between his name and his address he can easily be identified.

How do I get the credit reporting agencies to list my judgment and is there any way I can get a confirmation that the judgment is listed?

• 2 weeks later...

I got a judgment in North Carolina against a landlord who illegally kept my security deposit and simply partied with my money.  He has claimed exemptions for his car and all personal property. He doesn't own any real estate.  NC protects debitors far better than creditors. He thumbs his nose at me and sports a Florida tan while I barely get by, so yes, I'm rather unhappy about this.

North Carolina law makes it just about impossible for a creditor to get paid. The only thing I feel that I can do is make sure the judgment is on his credit record.  Perhaps that may eventually encourage him to pay me.

I do not know his Social Security number but the person has a very unique name. Between his name and his address he can easily be identified.

How do I get the credit reporting agencies to list my judgment and is there any way I can get a confirmation that the judgment is listed?

Judgment against a landlord . . . doesn't own any property? Huh?

You're right. North Carolina is tough. Bring him in for a debtor's exam. Force him to bring bank records with him. See who is smiling then.