Goodwill Letter to Bank of America

Rdragon

I submitted a goodwill letter to Bank of America to determine if they would remove a 30-day late payment from a mortgage account.  The B of A rep informed me that they could not grant a goodwill adjustment because the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not allow them that right.  Has anyone been through this before?  Any advice on my next step in getting B of A to grant this goodwill adjustment?

• 2 weeks later...

They're lying. Trashing your credit is important to them and their ilk. They look forward to the opportunity.

What does the law state. Had that happen to me saying they couldn't remove it, but it wasn't BoA.

I tried going thru the FDCR and I couldn't find a anything that said they could remove it. Just wondring if I could find a statement that says it is up to them I would send again with it highlighted. I made the big mistake of paying it off, before I found this site and didn't ask for pay to delete.

LOL I might not be to nice when telling them they could remove it if they wanted to.