Co-signer on Judegement??

OneDay

Back in 2008 I co-signed for an ex to get a personal loan. The week after the bank released the funds into his account, he quit his job! Instead of listening to me to just write a check for the total amount of the loan and just pay it all back, he blew it! So for the next 2 years I was forced to pay this loan since I co-signed and he wasn't interested in working. He then began working "under the table" jobs bringing in almost double what I was making, but still wouldn't pay for HIS loan!The relationship didn't last and in a last attempt to get him to pay the loan I told him I would no longer continue to pay it. Then I received a summons for court. Since his mother worked for a law office, I decided to ask her for help on what to do. She told me it would be best for me not to go to court...?? Really? I was young and didn't know what to do.My credit is good now all except this judgement which doesn't allow me to do anything!  So I guess what I need to know is..Is there any help for getting rid of this judgement against me without paying this off for him???

• Like 1

Well if you were co signor, you could sue him for the amount. If you know where he banks, if you were to get a judgement against him, you could execute that judgement and zap his bank account, or if he is working, garnish his wages.

Did you get personally get served on the lawsuit? You are probably stuck with it, but usually they will still settle for less.