Sign in to follow this  
djrazr

california - countersue for false claim?

Business owner in ca.

Have a former customer suing me in small claims

Customer had first sent a letter of intent to sue if i did not pay $400.

Had my attorney answer the letter, which the customer lied

Customer ignored letter and i was served. When i got the claim, the customers complaint

Does not reflect the letter. The accusation is completely different. She still claimed i owe $400, but the reason is different, and the dates are completely false which she initialled.

I would like to countersue for?

Court date is dec 6, and I have to file the Form with the court 15 days prior till

It is kind of hard to tell you what to do with out seeing the complaint and what it contains. I have no idea what she is claiming.

A letter is not a court document, so she can change her mind about the charges if she wants, but once filed in court she cannot, she may amend the complaint if the judge obliges her.

Simple sc100 form for small claims. There is not much too it.

She claims i owe her $400 for for services not provided, but i provide the services everyday

This situation happened 18 mos ago. Her date time period specified is 10/1-10/9.

Which she initialled is completely wrong. She is claiming for something that didn't exist within the time frame specified and the dollar amount, i have no idea where she got that from. $400 of my services will last you 5 weeks, not 8 days