trynrest

Van Ru Collection Corp / Calvary Portfolio Anyone ?

Well just recieved my first call and letter from VAN RU Collection Corp in Des Plaines,IL. Letter states they represent Calvary Portfolio. I have already shot off a dispute letter, not like I didn't dispute this with Calvary long ago. BUT!  Would just like some input if you have had contact with them in the past. Thanks for any help

Van Ru and Calvary are a great combination. That is a great combination for violating your rights under the FDCPA. The best advice I can give you is to keep all letters they send you along with the envelopes. Keep any messages they leave on your answering machine/voice mail saved in a safe place. These documents may come in handy in the event they sue. 

Van Ru works as a CA for Calvary on a regular basis. Van Ru is notorious for leaving messages that are not in line with FDCPA rules. (Never talk with them on the phone) Calvary is notorious for adding insane and most of the time illegal amounts of interest and fees. They care nothing about the law because they make so much money. Expect Van Ru to send you a packet full of "statements" which are nothing more than computer generated documents. However their documentation of actually owning the account will be hard to prove. They even could't get the OC correct on my DV. 

When you are ready come back here and list more info. Anything like the claimed OC, date of last payment or the amount of time they have been contacting you. We may be available to offer more advice and you may end up needing to talk with an attorney. One thing Calvary does not like is being sued and they usually fold when it happens.