Question on Trans Union Disputes

creditrepairstan

So I disputed some items and TransUnion got these disputes on Oct 27. Today I got a letter from them claiming I sent additional information on 11/7 which gives them 15 extra days for this dispute so the results will now be in by 12/10.  I however sent no information in.

is this a stall tatic? Should I treat it just like they didn't respond after the 30 days and sent them demand letters or does claiming I sent them new information actually buy them 15 more days?

So I disputed some items and TransUnion got these disputes on Oct 27. Today I got a letter from them claiming I sent additional information on 11/7 which gives them 15 extra days for this dispute so the results will now be in by 12/10.  I however sent no information in.

is this a stall tatic? Should I treat it just like they didn't respond after the 30 days and sent them demand letters or does claiming I sent them new information actually buy them 15 more days?

In my opinion, I'd wait until the date your dispute was supposed to end. That letter could have just gone out in error, or could be trying to entice you to call and then for them to have the opportunity to ask for more info and really get their 15 days extra.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how far a demand letter will get you. These CRAs in my experience answer only to themselves and a judge. By the time they receive and process your letter (demanding your results within the original 30 days?), the extra 15 will have already passed and you'll have the results. Only worth the trouble IMO if you actually intend to sue for an FCRA violation, because they'll likely throw any threat, that isn't stamped by the court, right into the shreader.

• 2 weeks later...

I disputed with Transunion and they sent me back a letter stating that my dispute was frivolous under the FCRA,and will not re- investigate and that the items are accurate as they see it and that I can send them a consumer statement or contact the creditor directly. So what do I do? I disputed the amount and the last date of payment as I wanted to see what the SOL was. I dont have records of last payment, unless I request r from the bank to prove the the date of last payment. Can I do that to validate my dispute? How much time do they have to respons since TransUnion is shutting me out.

how can we avoid being tagged as "frivolous" disputers with the CRAs?     Is it always worth it to first delete all old address info from their systems?

what's the documentation needed to submit along with the request to delete old addresses?   I've heard that it's a copy of the drivers license, social security card, and two recent utility bills with current address...is this correct?

how can we avoid being tagged as "frivolous" disputers with the CRAs?     Is it always worth it to first delete all old address info from their systems?

what's the documentation needed to submit along with the request to delete old addresses?   I've heard that it's a copy of the drivers license, social security card, and two recent utility bills with current address...is this correct?

Any time you write to the credit bureaus, you need to send them ID.