Does disputing "Not Mine" with the CRA reset the clock for SOL or drop-off date?

iwasadonkey

Hi all -

Trying to get clarity on what effect disputing things as "Not Mine" has in terms of resetting the clock on the SOL (California) or the date that the item would fall off from the report.

For example, I have some settled accounts that are showing "This account is scheduled to continue on record until April 2014" under the "Status Details" and the creditor's statement is "Account legally paid in full for less than full balance."

I need to get my score up ASAP and I don't want to wait until April if at all possible. However, I don't want to jeopardize the drop-off in April if disputing it now will reset the clock.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

That's what I'm trying to do with my accounts as well.

Right now, I'm in a dog fight with CITI, BOA, and CAP ONE to get these removed from my reports.

I just got back an EQ dispute report back and they told me they were able to verify. I'm going to keep going. The only thing that really hurts is that Experian doesn't let you dispute the items online again. They want you to either call or write.

And now more than ever, after canceling my service with Lexington Law (just felt like I could do a better job) I really have to stay on top of it.

But don't worry. I started off two weeks ago with my scores in the 600's. Now my EQ & TU are in the 680's and my EX went from 597 to 638. Just keep going after them like a bull.  

• 3 weeks later...