calawyer

And now, a petition to allow consumers to purchase their own debts

A dedicated debt collection defense attorney in Southern California has created a petition to allow consumers to purchase back their debts at the same price they are offered to JDBs.  Hats off to Ian Chowdhury for taking the initiative: http://www.californiacollectiondefense.com/please-sign-petition-allow-consumers-buy-debts/

Please, take a moment to sign this petition to allow consumers to purchase their own debts from the original creditor.  When I signed, there were less than 20 signatures.  Post it on your facebook.  Tell your friends.  At the very least we will raise awareness of a problem that is only getting worse.  Here is a link to the petition:  https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/give-consumers-fair-notice-and-chance-bid-their-own-debts-when-banks-sell-defaulted-obligations-debt/FRMdMMxb

• Like 6

A dedicated debt collection defense attorney in Southern California has created a petition to allow consumers to purchase back their debts at the same price they are offered to JDBs.  Hats off to Ian Chowdhury for taking the initiative: http://www.californiacollectiondefense.com/please-sign-petition-allow-consumers-buy-debts/

Please, take a moment to sign this petition to allow consumers to purchase their own debts from the original creditor.  When I signed, there were less than 20 signatures.  Post it on your facebook.  Tell your friends.  At the very least we will raise awareness of a problem that is only getting worse.  Here is a link to the petition:  https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/give-consumers-fair-notice-and-chance-bid-their-own-debts-when-banks-sell-defaulted-obligations-debt/FRMdMMxb

Signed and posted on fb. Ian is a great guy he has helped many of us crush the opposition in LA County, Ventura, Orange and Riverside counties. Sign the petition and make it go viral. Also I have another comment, How come the White House petitions site works but the ACA website doesn't? Just Sayin.

I posted this yesterday.  My post has been viewed over 75 times but only 27 people have signed the petition.  Took me exactly 2 1/2 minutes to sign.  And that is because I had to wait a whole minute to get an email confirmation.

I think this is a fantastic opportunity to raise awareness of an issue that affects almost everyone on this board.  Will it become law this year?  I sincerely doubt it.  But will groups like "Occupy" redouble their efforts to purchase debt and forgive it?  And will other groups spend their money to follow Occupy's footsteps?  I bet they will -- especially if strong public support for this initiative is evidenced. 

I am disheartened that so few people have signed.  If this initiative can't get traction here............

• Like 2

I posted this yesterday.  My post has been viewed over 75 times but only 27 people have signed the petition.  Took me exactly 2 1/2 minutes to sign.  And that is because I had to wait a whole minute to get an email confirmation.

I think this is a fantastic opportunity to raise awareness of an issue that affects almost everyone on this board.  Will it become law this year?  I sincerely doubt it.  But will groups like "Occupy" redouble their efforts to purchase debt and forgive it?  And will other groups spend their money to follow Occupy's footsteps?  I bet they will -- especially if strong public support for this initiative is evidenced. 

I am disheartened that so few people have signed.  If this initiative can't get traction here............

I "second" Calawyer on this.  I'm new here, but anybody on this board would have an interest in signing that petition.  I have done so.  A signature and a facebook share now, early on in the process is worth much more than signing it later, because then other people can see your social media "share" and it grows from there.  If people sign on the last day, that doesn't happen and it doesn't get enough traction to get "noticed".

• Like 2

I just signed. I think the person who is presenting the petition should also take another route per Candida's suggestion - change.org. In the event they don't gain enough signatures on the White House site, people can take a successful effort at change.org to their Congressman, to the CFPB, etc. 

The administration cares very little about the subject anyway. Maybe people signed it and didn't say anything here.

Maybe, we can get a campaign together to raise money to buy debts, I myself would put in 25 a month just to deny the debt collectors any new mana. I think the banks would rather deal with people who are not going to violate the law or give the financial industry a black eye.

Really, it could be a good business model. like being a part of something greater than ourselves.

The administration cares very little about the subject anyway. Maybe people signed it and didn't say anything here.

Maybe, we can get a campaign together to raise money to buy debts, I myself would put in 25 a month just to deny the debt collectors any new mana. I think the banks would rather deal with people who are not going to violate the law or give the financial industry a black eye.

Really, it could be a good business model. like being a part of something greater than ourselves.

http://rollingjubilee.org/

• Like 1