Being sued by Kohn Law Firm in Wisconsin ( MIDLAND )?

shaun11

Morning board. I have just been informed that a small claims law suit has been filed against me and I am to appear in court first week in December. Its for a capital one account that I defaulted on about a year ago. The only reason I found out was because of a pamphlet I received from an attorney telling me a suit had been filed against me and offered help. After some investigation on the Wisconsin CPAP? a family member was able to indeed verify that the suit was filed and informed me of the date and time that I am to appear. I have never been served papers but it I guess I have been served because it was posted in the local paper so from my understanding that constitutes being served here in Wisconsin.? After being out of work for over a year, relocating, I am finally able to get back into on  my feet. How should I proceed at this point?. Thanks for any and all responses in advance.

I am confused.  Are you in wisconsin? Or NY?  Did they file in a court near you? or another state? (your profile says location NY)  Did they serve your realitive? if not, how did the realitive know about it?  Also if you could answer the 17 questions in the pinned thread above this forum on questions to anwser when posting it would be helpful. :)