BTKCAs

Best places to be denied credit?

Gathering evidence for pending FDCPA and FCRA actions.

Since my credit is damaged, where are some of the best places to apply for credit, in anticipation of being denied - or receiving higher interest rates

Since my credit is damaged, where are some of the best places to apply for credit, in anticipation of being denied - or receiving higher interest rates

It doesn't work that way.  The court could take the position that KNOWING this was on your credit report you should have refrained from seeking new credit until it resolved.  Plus, if there are other negative remarks on your reports the defendant can simply point to those stating you have many problems and their actions are the least of them.

They way many people discover debts like this is they apply for credit, are denied, then pull reports.  Then the violations start.  It isn't advisable to cause yourself credit damage through applying for credit knowing you won't qualify.

There is enough statistical data to show that people with your credit score are paying a higher interest rate or a denied charge accounts all together.  

@Clydesmom Agreed!.

@BTKCAs unless you intend to play the "least sophisticated consumer", which is tough to do when you're suing, or you absolutely need something (house, car, new CC), then applying for credit after you alreaady know your reports are trashed is counter productive.

I have to agree. Even if you are denied a loan, how does that translate to actual damages.

Also if you have other negative marks on your credit, the entire argument flies out the door.

@BTKCAs

I agree with the other posters.   If you've already disputed accounts either on your credit report or with the CAs/JDBs, it MIGHT be construed that you applied for credit simply to be denied in order have further claims against the defendant.  That would not impress a judge.

My credit file being unlawfully damaged while I have exhausted the non-judicial remedies available to me to correct that harm (fully documenting them of course) would seem to be the minimum starting point toward accruing evidence of actual damages. Even then I would deem it a steep uphill litigation battle that I would not likely choose to engage in. For example, I am not sure how I would prove, via admissible evidence, that my interest rate was x% higher based on an unknown amount of negative change in my credit score due to it being unlawfully lowered.

Lacking controlling case law applicable to someone similarly situated damage-wise or being able to "sell" a competent consumer attorney on my claim, I would not likely want to be the plaintiff/counter-claimant in the proposed scenario.

I don't have any interest in "impressing" a judge I prefer to focus on controlling them. If the law and/or the facts are not on my side I am very unlikely to successfully control a judge.

AFAIK every wrong does not have a remedy in law. Some wrongs may have a remedy in law but it is only accessible to the most skillful of litigants. To paraphrase a popular movie quote, "A litigant has got to know his limitations."