Who can remove from my credit report! HELP!!!

jaimeza949

I have a collection from TJX with a notation of my credit report of "Closed. $251 written off" and purchased by another lender. I sent a debt validation letter to Brightwater Capital and then received notice from them that they have closed the account. So I asked them to remove the TJX reporting from my credit report. The associate is telling me she does not have the power to do that. She explained that TJX should not be reporting it. I called TJX and they will not remove the account because they have no information on the account and that I should contact Brightwater Capital. I sent a disputed the debt to all 3 collection agencies to remove the debt and they will not do so. I sent a dispute to GE Capital which owns TJX credit cards and I received a letter from them that they have updated the report to "Sold or transferred to another creditor" and that the balance shows Zero now. They also instructed me that if I have any questions to Contact Brightwater Capital. They are all giving me the run around. I need help. Who can remove the negative reporting because the account has been closed. Please HELP!!!!

hi dear try and report the company that is on your credit report to the Better Business Bureau they have online disputes. I recently fought some collection accounts via their website. Also a mere response to your validation request saying the account was sold or call someone else is not a valid response. You should send them a second letter informing them that they must furnish bill statements, or anything bearing proof that this account is yours. If they provide you with such info make sure it is accurately being reported to the bureaus. I hope i was able to help. Dont give up. 

Also a mere response to your validation request saying the account was sold or call someone else is not a valid response. You should send them a second letter informing them that they must furnish bill statements, or anything bearing proof that this account is yours.

NONE of this is true.  The requirement for validation for reporting a trade line is so low you can trip over it.  There is absolutely NO requirement in the FCRA that the creditor furnish billing statements or documentation that the account is the consumers.  They only need to provide a letter with the account number, amount owed, and their name.  That is IT.

While you may have had success getting a TL or two removed doing this it has no legal basis at all you simply got lucky.

@transformationcredit

Also a mere response to your validation request saying the account was sold or call someone else is not a valid response. You should send them a second letter informing them that they must furnish bill statements, or anything bearing proof that this account is yours.

If the OP (original poster) send the validation request as a result of finding the information on his credit report, the collection agency is not required to respond.  A debt validation request is only valid if sent with the first 30 days after a CA's first contact.  Even then, the CA is not required to respond if they choose to cease collection efforts.  If they do choose to validate, they do have to respond with the documentation that you suggested.

In the instance of disputing an entry on one's credit report, the furnisher is still not required to respond with documentation.