FCRA ?

@gwheelock915

Possibly due to the fact that the information is incorrect, but has it hurt you somehow?  Unless you can show some actual damages, I can't see a judge awarding you enough to make this worth your time.

Here's the thing, BV. BoA and I have been in foreclosure litigation for the past 18 months. I counter-sued them for breach of contract and have made a lot of headway on that front.

I told the bank from day 1--re-modify the loan to terms that we can both live with and I will drop all my counterclaims. Last week the bank says they can't modify my loan because they can't do anything to make the new payment less than the current one. I called bs on their end, but who knows, maybe they are showing the loan being 38 years in their system and they are using that faulty information to ding us?

@gwheelock915

To be honest, I don't know how the loan being recorded as 38 years in their system instead of 33 would enable them to ding you.  Also, considering the fact that you're already in foreclosure litigation, I'm not sure extra dings would hurt your CR.

You might want to pose those questions to attorney who specializes in mortgages.  If it's hurting you somehow, you could act on it.  But if he believes it doesn't hurt anything, you won't need to waste your time on it.

The most the bank will go is 40 years on a mod. If they are saying they can only stretch out the payment by adding 18 months of payments instead of 7 years, I see that as a huge problem. Who knows what they're looking at on their end.

Our modification was screwed up at the word go. We signed the modification, they signed the modification, then they send us a mortgage statement that is 9% higher than agreed to. Under the HAMP 31% income rule, we would need almost $500 of extra income just to qualify for the bump on the statement.

As far as the credit score thing goes....just got a really nice used car at 2.79%. Some well-timed disputes helped out there.

Did you file a notice of lis pendens, It will stop any potential buer of the house in the future,,,well not stop but make them leary,,,,,

First thing does the notice of foreclosure state that you house is in a trust,,,, if so I bet you a hundred bucks Bof A is not the real owner and not the real party in interest, and you may have an action for fraud.

You need to pay the money and have search done to find out who actually owns your house, they are expsensive around a 1000 bucks, but if BofA solr your mortgage in the property is in a trust, your deed and title are in one place and the note has another owner.

The most the bank will go is 40 years on a mod. If they are saying they can only stretch out the payment by adding 18 months of payments instead of 7 years, I see that as a huge problem. Who knows what they're looking at on their end.

Our modification was screwed up at the word go. We signed the modification, they signed the modification, then they send us a mortgage statement that is 9% higher than agreed to. Under the HAMP 31% income rule, we would need almost $500 of extra income just to qualify for the bump on the statement.

Gives you alot of faith in the credit industry, doesn't it?