Thanks!!  checked it,  still the same- Will check before  I leave sometimes it has to update- either way I will be there.

On 1/11/2014 at 9:29 AM, Seadragon said:

These may help. Since you are in La county I am assuming your case is at the Norwalk courthouse. I think that it will pay dividends for you to get that BOP out soonest like today. Certified mail return receipt requested. The BOP first then work on answer, then pushing for preclusion when they don't answer the BOP.

@Seadragon Hi, I was reading this post to help in wording my affirmative defenses and I'm wondering if these affirmatives you have listed on Long form Denial. doc work for a case that has two cause of actions - 1) Account stated and 2) Money Lent.  My SOL is May 2018 but they filed 1/30/18. The 5th affirmative defense is Doctrine of Laches which I've heard is darn near impossible to defend in court. Did it work for you? Does it apply to my case? I'm in CA, btw.  Thank you for any help you can provide!

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, navy joy said:

@Seadragon Hi, I was reading this post to help in wording my affirmative defenses and I'm wondering if these affirmatives you have listed on Long form Denial. doc work for a case that has two cause of actions - 1) Account stated and 2) Money Lent.  My SOL is May 2018 but they filed 1/30/18. The 5th affirmative defense is Doctrine of Laches which I've heard is darn near impossible to defend in court. Did it work for you? Does it apply to my case? I'm in CA, btw.  Thank you for any help you can provide!

I have found that the court didn't even pay attention to my affirmatives BUT you have to assert them in your answer to preserve them. I would keep it in as it might apply you never know. also change the location and date at the bottom and don't forget to sign it but not in your normal handwriting ;)

• Like 1

I also am being sued by Midland Funding LLC. I also received all the same docs with my summons. I am wondering about the "Field Data" sheet that was provided by CITIBANK. Is this not proof enough for them to prove I owe them?

10 hours ago, Jozvin said:

I also am being sued by Midland Funding LLC. I also received all the same docs with my summons. I am wondering about the "Field Data" sheet that was provided by CITIBANK. Is this not proof enough for them to prove I owe them?

Nope, not in California. We are fortunate that the Civil Code requires that a creditor/assignee like Midland to not only produce evidence against you but also produce a witness, from the original creditor, that can authenticate the alleged evidence; (so long as you play good defense). 5+ years on the forum and I have yet to see a JDB like Midland produce that witness.

You should start your own thread & let us know what's happening in your case by answering these questions: https://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/242744-qs-to-answer-when-posting-in-this-forum-please-read/

• Like 1