Summary Judgement

Rinierd

So I filed a Summary Judgement to end a case that the other party in the lawsuit settled with.  I was on a lawsuit due to a lease agreement on a car that was totaled and no payment was made.  The other leasee agreed to a judgement to pay the total due, so I filed to close the case.  How long does it take before I hear something.  It has been 3 months since I filed for summary judgement to dismiss case against me and have yet to hear anything?  I am in Florida.

Thanks

You might be able to call the Court Clerk and see when the hearing is to be scheduled.  More then likely it hasn't been scheduled yet and depending on how backlogged the docket is it may take another 3 - 6 months or more. If the opposing party has not filed opposition/reply to your motion you might just be able to send a court order for a general judgment of dismissal to be signed by the presiding Judge.

HP