Sign in to follow this  
circa

Can credit card companies report payments immediately?

My loan officer told me that if I pay off my credit cards it will boost my score 33 points thats not a problem but when I made the payments the cc company told me that they only update the CRA every 30 days.. Is there any way to get them CC company to update the file faster?  

Not really.  They all have automatic cycles.  But, "every 30 days" doesn't mean YOU will have to wait 30 days...you might get lucky...maybe you made your payments in the middle or end of their cycle.

It depends on the day of the month - submitting early good chance the following month changes could appear. 

Waiting late month - will most like take till the following month to see any changes.

You will usually have to wait on the credit card. However, you can try to request an update thru the credit bureau by challenging the balance of the card. the only issue with this is that it may take up to 30 days also.

Most of them update soon after the closing date on the card. If you know that date for this particular card, then assume it would be updated within about 10 days of that.