Verizon refuses to give me settlement agreement prior

circa

I called Verizon to settle a old account.. They agreed to accept $150.00 Dollars but said they CAN NOT send a settlement agreement prior to accepting the payment.  They said they have no such letter to give us.. What should I do?

Most of them won't, especially if they are a CA or a JDB. Those two would be lying out of the side of their mouth if they promised you anything. However; you are dealing with an OC here. They might and they might not. I don't recall if you can record them in Colorado or not, if so, try to catch them on tape telling you that they will. Other wise, I think I would just let them simmer. It's not that hard to put anything in writing, but they weasle out of it one way or another.

It's not that hard to put anything in writing, but they weasle out of it one way or another.

It seems Verizon Wireless is fully capable of putting a bunch of stuff into their writings when they benefit from it - half way down the webpage (which is an interesting read): GENERAL RELEASE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE

The only thing missing is a "release of all damages real, imagined, or invisible".

I called Verizon to settle a old account.. They agreed to accept $150.00 Dollars but said they CAN NOT send a settlement agreement prior to accepting the payment.  They said they have no such letter to give us.. What should I do?

As to what the OP should do, it depends on what they are trying to accomplish I believe they will discover that they have a very unmotivated party in Verizon Wireless.