ScaredInMichigan

Pre trial conference, what should I expect?

@bmc100

I understand all of that.  However, whether JVM breached the agreement with Chase by getting a subpoena to have Chase produce the media is for the court to determine.  Does the agreement state that the buyer MUST purchase the material and cannot use a subpoena to obtain it?   Do you have a copy of the agreement in order to prove that it contains the language you say it contains?  

If it is a breach, that breach would be between Chase and JVM.  It would not be between JVM and the OP.

You said the OP has a counterclaim?  What's the counterclaim?

@bmc100

If, in a dunning letter, they tacked on interest from the date of charge off, I can see a violation.  But it they're just requesting that interest from the court, I don't know if that would be a violation.

Also, if discovery hasn't been conducted, then it's unknown what they may have that shows when the account was allegedly purchased.

@BV80 and @bmc100

On the verification JDB sent me it says

Original claim of creditor: $6000 ish

Plus Intrest to date: $110.00

Total due as of today:$7800 ish

The math doesn't add up. I've been seeing several mistakes in there paperwork

On the statement of account which was attached to the summons is says

Principle as of November 11th 2011- $6,700 ish

Accumulated Intrest $800 ish

Account balance 7500 ish

In this instinence it added up

@ScaredInMichigan

Okay.  Can you figure out if the amount of interest they are claiming has been calculated from the date of charge off?   Or was it calculated from the date that the JDB purchased the account?

BTW, when you say their "verification", do you mean a letter in response to a DV?

@ScaredInMichigan

Okay.  Can you figure out if the amount of interest they are claiming has been calculated from the date of charge off?   Or was it calculated from the date that the JDB purchased the account?

BTW, when you say their "verification", do you mean a letter in response to a DV?

Yes. The letter they sent me after I requested validation.

I'm not sure when they purchased the account. On the statement of account it says "current statement date November 11, 2011". I first heard from them in the spring of 2012

We were looking to ascertain when JVM purchased your alleged account for interest calculations.

Although I don't know why JVM is not reporting .......... it seems that quest is at a standstill until the discovery phase.