credit2011

Disputing Items on credit profile with Transunion

I disputed with Transunion and they sent me back a letter stating that my dispute was frivolous under the FCRA,and will not re- investigate and that the items are accurate as they see it. They said  that I can send them a consumer statement or contact the creditor directly. So what do I do? I disputed the amount and the last date of payment as I wanted to also verify that the  SOL may be up as I think date of last payment from orginal creditor may be incorrect. I dont have records of last payment, unless I request  from the bank to prove the the date of last payment  Can I do that to validate my dispute with Transunion again? How much time do they have to respons since TransUnion is shutting me out.

@credit2011 - Did you give a different reason for your dispute?

I don't understand your question, Did I give  different reason?  Do you mean have I sent them back another letter? Not yet.

I disputed the amount and the last date of payment as I wanted to also verify that the  SOL may be up as I think date of last payment from orginal creditor may be incorrect.This is what I dipsuted originially when I did it online with them in my account

You must make atleast 3 different reasons of dispute (ROD) with any credit bureau dispute. 1)Not mine 2) balance incorrect 3) DOFD incorrect.

Only one can be online, rest has to be on paper via mail only. 

It just takes that long and have to be patient with it.

so credit2011, make three different (ROD) disputes

@energizer

Congratulations on your success. 

I thought that you meant that there's a rule or requirement to dispute 3 issues on a TL at once.   There is no such rule.  However, if that's what helped you, good job.

• Like 1

@energizer

It's possible that the furnisher did not verify with Transunion, and that could be why the entry was deleted on the Transunion report.

If there's any other reason you could dispute with the other 2 CRAs, I'd continue to dispute.  Otherwise, you may need to start disputing directly with the furnishers.

If the furnishers refuse to remove the entries, and if everything is being reported correctly, unless you can prove that the JDBs don't own the account, there's really not much else you can do.

@admin

623 applies even when it is a FACTORING ACCOUNT?

Its a Midland dispute in which however which way you dispute with Midland you get one and the same answer in the mail. I have used 623/TX 392 (i think) original creditor T-Mobile 623 and three different reasons (account not mine, balance incorrect, date of last payment incorrect) all of which are true and you get the same Midland letter always!!!! ( you will see the letter posted on this forum by me under midland.

I was lucky i guess to get it off Transunion but not so with Equifax?

the best i got from midland so far was a Midland letterhead with original creditor & amount/acct# listed.

never anything original as a T-Mobile date of last payment and i m pretty sure the date of last payment is wrong.

what else can i do ??

I just sent in two 623 letters because the disputes I made with Transunion came back and all they sent to me was a copy of the way it appears on my credit report. Duh! I already know this. I disputed amounts and  last date of payment. All tey say in their letter is I can file a 100 word statement to them or if I need documentation, please contact the creditor directly- So I did today certified mail to both banks. My question is what exactly do they have to come back wit?. They say last payments are 2011. I may have records of when I made a last payment, but those bank  accounts I was writing checks to them t are now closed. I was paying via internet on all bills and  may not have the info anymore.

But isn't the burden on them to send me proof and what would they send? They have 30 days from receipt of certified mail to send me something correct?

I just got back a  letter to me from the JDB I  has sent a DV letter to.They have responded within the 30 dat period  I sent them a Certified Return Receipt.I was oiginally sent a collection letter from them

All they sent back was copies of statements of when I was behind on payments absolutely nothing else.

Can I dispute now with CA and send them a 623 letter as they have not proved the debt was mine, no bill of sale enclosed-

What is my next step- I do believe the JDB is not appearing on my credit, just the original creditor. 

I have not disputed the debt directly with the original creditor the bank-