making progress

workhard

So couple months ago or so I started my credit repair journey. My score went up from 580 to 631. My baddies are two collection which one is paid and other one is I'm going to asked for PFD. My two worst one is Toyota Financial I am 9 times late for 30 days and I sent the 3 CRA letters stating it's not my account. Still waiting for their reply. The second worst one is Santander Financial which I have repo on them. I haven't touch this one because I want to get advise from you guys. The DOFD is July 2007. Should I wait to fall off next year? I know the car went to auction and got sold around 15k buy it's still shows the full balance on my report. Any suggestion? Thank you guys

Given how close you are to the falloff date, i would recommend you send the CRAs a letter stating that that tradeline is "obsolete" - they may just drop it off your reports early.

Can i ask - how did you go from 530 to 631?  I'm in the 530 range and I would love to hear your approach.

@huntergreen I started from 580 to 631. I haven't any established credit since I messed up mine like 5-8 years ago. So I tried to apply some loans and I got approved secured loan from Conns with 2k limit with 10% down, then at fingerhut, and I got unsecured credit card from credit one bank, they have ridiculous high apr but I don't used it much coz of that. I did all this with 580 CS or less. But my CS went down about 10+ points coz of the inquiry. When I started paying my new loans it started going up and my wife added me to her two CC's as authorized user.

• Like 1