TryingToFixIt1

!!Need help on removing negative items off my credit Report.!!

Hello, Everyone

Im am very new to this forum, but also feel as if you guys can direct me in the right direction. I have multiple questions to ask. One of them being; I have student loans that I havent paid off yet and I am currently late on them, I wanted to know if they would accept a PFD letter, if I were to agree to pay in full the amount in which I owe them? (the account is not in collections)

My next question is, will having more than one secured cc with low credit limits help me more than just having one with a large credit limit?

Next one is, I Have a couple accounts in collections( about 5 of them and yes they are all mine) and I wanted to know how to go about settling these items. The reason I am asking is becasue I have the money to pay them all off but I dont want to waste my money, when I can use certain techniques that'll speed up the process of repairing my credit or even save me alot of money.

Luckly, I am financialy stable to handle these accounts with no hesitation, but I became a member of this site so I can use this money wisely and also as I stated before I would love to speed up the process to a good credit score with all the techniques that I am reading about on this site. Thanks for reading my thread I hope my post isn't boring and you guys can find ways to help me out, I can get into more details with any replies, onmce again thank you and have a great day!

P.S.- I believe that my scores are so low because there really isnt much on my report but my 2 student loans eqivilent to $5500 and the 5 collection items which in total 100% are around $3000. Please help me with any INFO.

state: Connecticut

Scores: All of my scores are around 510-520.

Im am very new to this forum, but also feel as if you guys can direct me in the right direction. I have multiple questions to ask. One of them being; I have student loans that I havent paid off yet and I am currently late on them, I wanted to know if they would accept a PFD letter, if I were to agree to pay in full the amount in which I owe them? (the account is not in collections)

You can't do PFD with a student Loan.  You could rehab it through the department of education.  http://www.ed.gov. 

My next question is, will having more than one secured cc with low credit limits help me more than just having one with a large credit limit?

Several cards will definitely be better.  

Next one is, I Have a couple accounts in collections( about 5 of them and yes they are all mine) and I wanted to know how to go about settling these items. The reason I am asking is becasue I have the money to pay them all off but I dont want to waste my money, when I can use certain techniques that'll speed up the process of repairing my credit or even save me alot of money.

You can try pay for delete on these.  You could also try paying the original creditor to see if they will take the money.  

@TryingToFixIt1 - good luck!  Not sure if you need any additional information but here is an article on paying for delete - http://www.creditinfocenter.com/debt/pay-for-delete.shtml

And, settling debts with the original creditor - http://www.creditinfocenter.com/debt/originalcreditor_debtsettlement.shtml

Let us know how it goes!

Sorry I havent been able to update anything on these matters latley. I have some question again when it comes to how I pay the collection agency.

My question is do I pay the Collection agency in full or pay what they are asking for, when trying to do a PFD?

And was wondering if someone can tell me if the CA's that im dealing are JDB's or actual CA's.

From what I hear I should not waist any of my time with JDB's.

List:

1. AFNI

2. RCVL PER MNG

3. CAVALRY PORT

4. TROJAN PROFE

5. NRTHN RESOL

Also since im going to handle all of these collections at once along with 3 new secured cards(first ones I ever had), around how many points roughly will my score jump, just asking for an average.I want to know the least I'll see and the most I'll see if all goes well for me. Once again I am very thankful for any advice I get From you guys because this is the only place I can REALLY COME TO AND GET SOME ADVICE! @admin @lionhunter

List:

1. AFNI                             Junk debt buyer:  folds if you challenge them they can't prove a thing

2. RCVL PER MNG           Receivables Performance Management:  appears to be a CA

3. CAVALRY PORT          Cavalry Portfolio:  junk debt buyer

4. TROJAN PROFE           Collection agency that deals with medical debt accounts though if you Google "trojan" you get a whole different product line.  xbugeyesx 

5. NRTHN RESOL            Appears to be a fraudulent agency out of the hotbed of fraud: Buffalo and Amherst New York.  Puts fraudulent payday/cash advance loans on a credit report to scam a PFD.  Appears to delete if you dispute through the CRAs.  

• Like 2

Thanks alot that was fast! Now that I know AFNI and Calvary are JDB's how do I go about removing them off my report? And how should I fix the NORTHN RESOL collection since its fraud? The one handled by Trojan means that im stuck with it staying on my report? 

Thanks alot that was fast! Now that I know AFNI and Calvary are JDB's how do I go about removing them off my report? And how should I fix the NORTHN RESOL collection since its fraud? The one handled by Trojan means that im stuck with it staying on my report? 

As I said the first time: 

AFNI will fold if you dispute with them or the CRAs.  They can't prove anything.  Dispute the Northern Res with the CRAs as I said.

Calvary will be harder.  You can start with a dispute and depending on the original creditor:  PFD.  

Trojan is medical debt.  You can probably settle that with the medical provider you owe the money to.

You need to understand one major thing:  we get it that you WANT it gone but legally if the debt is yours they can leave it on your credit report for the entire 7 year reporting period and there is NOTHING you can do to force them to remove it if they are reporting accurately.  Once you start defaulting on accounts the one sure fire method that cures bad credit is TIME with a history of good payments.

You need to do A LOT more research on disputing debt before you mail ANY letters to anyone because when you don't understand the process you make mistakes that shoot yourself in the behind and defeat the entire purpose of disputing.

• Like 1

Thanks alot once again. Soaking up all the advice you give me like a sponge, ignore the message I sent because you just answered what i needed to know.

HOLD up on the disputes.  You are in Connecticut and they have a 6 year statute of limitation on lawsuits for credit card debt.  If that Cavalry account is for a credit card when is the date of default on the account?  Because if you can be sued a dispute may just wake a sleeping grizzly bear.  It is usually best to hold disputes until you can't be sued for them legally.

Your first post says you are 22 so that means the SOL on some of these debts is very much a live.  Do a LOT Of research on what these debts are for and who the OC is.  Some are more prone to lawsuits than others.

Cavalry: BofA CC for $850 which went into collections in nov of 2013.

portfolio RC : BofA. I belive its from an old checking account $687, which went into collections in nov 2013

AFNI: should be ATT&T for $416 in nov 2013

RCVL PER MNG: Is also $416 but not sure im thinking it came up twice for ATT&T. but went into collections jun. 2013

NORTHN: i believe is from A GE CC I got through pay pal. went into collections feb 2013.

I hope this is clear enough for you.

Cavalry: BofA CC for $850 which went into collections in nov of 2013.

portfolio RC : BofA. I belive its from an old checking account $687, which went into collections in nov 2013

AFNI: should be ATT&T for $416 in nov 2013

RCVL PER MNG: Is also $416 but not sure im thinking it came up twice for ATT&T. but went into collections jun. 2013

NORTHN: i believe is from A GE CC I got through pay pal. went into collections feb 2013.

I hope this is clear enough for you.

Cavalry:  very clear and they DO sue. 

Portfolio Recovery: they are robo filers and will sue you.

AFNI:  an account that new they can prove.  Zombie debts they buy are the ones they fold on.  They are ripe for PFD.

RCVL:  I would dispute with them and AFNI first and see who actually can legally collect on the account.  You DO NOT want to pay twice.

The last one if it is a PP issued GE card they DO sue as well.

Bottom line you only defaulted last year.  I would tackle these one at a time and offer settlements.  Do EVERYTHING in writing do NOT call them.  Verbal assurances mean NOTHING.  Some people will say never to settle but these debts are so new lawsuits would be worse and I would rather live with a paid collection for the next 6+ years than an unpaid one.  Not paying collection accounts is better when they are aged and no longer doing major damage to your scores.  If you can get them to agree for PFD then it is gone and no longer an issue at all.

The reality is that you defaulted last year.  On some accounts a few months ago.  The ONLY thing that is going to improve your credit scores at this point is TIME and a history of good payments.  The defaults are way too fresh for an immediate improvement.  I foresee 6-12 months if not longer to get to the mid-600s.  

One thing you have not mentioned is whether or not the original creditors are still reporting.  Are they?

• Like 1

Ok so basically go ahead and pay the ones who will sue me, handle the medical collection that should be easy, and just let the secured cards bulid me some good credit with TIME. And i dont know what you mean by CRA's, and I dont know if they are still reporting me. How do I go and find out if they are and how does this change things for me?

Before you do ANYTHING else you need to order REAL copies of your credit report by mail.  Then you need to analyze what is reporting and by who.  Once you have ALL the facts then post back and we can guide you further on cleaning up the mistakes of the past and building for the future.

• Like 1

Before you do ANYTHING else you need to order REAL copies of your credit report by mail.  Then you need to analyze what is reporting and by who.  Once you have ALL the facts then post back and we can guide you further on cleaning up the mistakes of the past and building for the future.

Annualcreditreport is good, too and you can print it out from your computer.