I have 3 accounts that have gone to "Charge-off" and say "Closed".  I have a Bank of America card that now is in collections with North Star Location Services according to Bank of America but only Bank of America shows on my credit report.  I have a Capital One card that is now with Oliphant according to Capital One but Oliphant is not showing on my credit report, just Capital One. Capital One will not accept any money from me since I'm assuming they sold the account but Oliphant has NEVER contacted me about this account.  I even sent Oliphant a letter but I have yet to receive a response.  I also have another Capital One card that went to ARS National Services but is now back with Capital One. Again, only Capital One shows on my credit report. 

What steps should I take next? I'd like to clean up my credit report the best way possible. Do I send debt-validation letters? If so, to whom? Can I try Pay For Delete? If so, again who do I send the letters to - the Original Creditor or the Collection Agency that isn't even showing on my credit report.  I am new, obviously, so any help is appreciated.

If they did not send you a letter then i would say i noticed you are appearing on my credit report

Debt Validation Request
Your Name
Your Address

North Star Location Services
4285 Genesee St
Cheektowaga, NY 14225

Account number

Date

Dear North Star Location Services.

This letter is in response to your letter dated 12/15/2013. ( If no letter was sent to you then i would say I noticed you are appearing on my credit report)

I dispute this alleged Bank of America account in its entirety.

As per the FDCPA 1692g, I am requesting validation of the alleged debt.

All phone calls are inconvenient, so all communications need to be by us mail only.

Best Regards,

Your name

Debt Validation Request
Your Name
Your Address

Oliphant Financial Corporation

Attn: Customer Service
9009 Town Center Parkway
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202

Account number 

Date

Dear Oliphant Financial Corporation.

This letter is in response to your letter dated 12/15/2013.

I dispute this alleged Capital One Bank account in its entirety. 

As per the FDCPA 1692g, I am requesting validation of the alleged debt.

All phone calls are inconvenient, so all communications need to be by us mail only.

Best Regards,

Your name 

"Charge-off" and say "Closed"

That's just an accounting term the bank uses.

I would start to study your rules of civil procedure just in case they sue you.

http://www.supreme.courts.state.tx.us/rules/trcphome.asp

Its always best never talk with the creditors nothing good ever comes from it.

You never want to admit owing any money to any of the junk debt buyers.

Send off the letters and see what happens.