capitol one sent me discovery documents...

squares

hello again!

im starting a new thread for a new case...sigh..

My wife and I was previously filling bankruptcy withing the the last year. we had a bankruptcy attorney handling our case and any docs we had. during the filling i got summons from capitol one for a pretrial.

went and denied charges. left it at that. we decided to drop bankruptcy we just didnt think that was the best for us..9 months later. my attorney forward me a emailed from capitol one lawyers asking for a discovery on interrogatories, request for reproduction and admissions. i have been trying to get in contact with my lawyer and to set up a meeting to see what i should do in this mater. i have not heard back from them for a few days and multiple phone calls and email i decide to see what i can do on my own for now  if need, i can provide any information regarding these documents i had sent. the letter stated that if there is no response withing 10 days that they will proceed to litigate the suit towards a judgment. it has been 6 days since i received this letter and still no contact from my lawyer.

it a bit stressful to go through two of these cases at the same time. thank you again for any help.

@squares Usually you respond to them in writing. Just make sure that your answers meet the rules of discovery. Improper answers can get you in trouble. My general suggestion is to deny as much as you reasonably can without perjuring yourself and give them as little as possible without breaking the discovery rules.

You can post the questions here if you want to get help. I like it when people take a stab at answering the questions before asking for help. It's easier to get a feel for your case that way.