secure

MCM calling after full cease and desist.

I just got a call from a person in india saying she works for MCM and that she is trying to collect a old citi card debt. I just got their first dunning letter like last week and sent in a dv with full cease and desist letter & when I asked her about my dv letter she stated they haven't received it.  WellI just checked the usps tracking and it says it was delivered today on the 19th.

Isn't this an FDCPA violation of $1000?. Or should I give them a week for the letter to be read by them?. 

Not really, paperwork passed and was not in the records by this time. If you still get calls in another day or to, then yes. They need time to process and just getting it to day means they are allowed a pass.

Yeah I guess I'll let this one pass. But honestly though do you think they would do the same if it was the other way round.

Thanks for the replies guys. Am done avoiding JDB & their numerous affiliates. I now make sure to DV every dunning notice I get & still keep on fighting. Am not paying a penny to CA & JDB only to OC. If CA wants my hard earned money we'll take it to a judge.  Am not scared anymore 7 since I started all this I have started to keep meticulous records of every correspondence. 

• Like 1