sourdoughnative

Sued by CACH, court converting to E-filing docs only

Being sued by the infamous CACH. Hearing is in 3 days and in the mail I receive notice from the iowa courts system that this case has been converted into an "electronic filing only" status. Not only that at the actual hearing a Clerk of Court will be presiding.

Received this on Friday, the hearing is Monday.

Seriously.....WTF?

And yes I planned on using Lack of Standing and hearsay as an effective defense.

Check with the clerk of the court. A lot of States are going to E Filing. I was told by the clerk here in Texas in my County Court at Law that Pro se's would be given some latitude and could still manually file. The changeover for attorneys has not gone smoothly. I am Plaintiff in a suit (pro-se) and have found it very difficult to even get on the system.

• Like 1

I would also demand to see the authority that says the clerk can preside........there is plenty of case law that states the clerk of the court is purely a ministerial officer of the court, he does not exercise any discretion.

• Like 1

My state is efiling only, except it ony pertains to the lawyers.  Pro-se people cant even get on lexis nexis to look at what has been filied, and have to go to the court to see anything.  This irritated me in my case because I wouldn't tell when and what they filied, and had to rely on them to send it to me.  It is hard to oppose a motion when it has already been granted because you didn't know they filied one, and couldn't respond to it until after the fact.

• Like 1