Capitol 1-now LVNV has Stenger&Stenger putting heat on me

rebuildincredit

Ok. So I am sensing things may go down a bad path here.  My Neg account, Originally  a Capital 1 that went late in May of 2008, and is now LVNV, has been assigned to Stenger and Stenger from Grand Rapids, MI, which is close to where I live .  They are a debt collector with Attorneys (first letter was actually signed with real ink by one of them).  They have sent a couple of letters since August and I have missed my opportunity to dispute validity.  The last letter states I have until  this Thursday to set up a payment schedule or pay the account for about half of the original amount(orig amount $500)   They also state," the listed option is not the only option available. To discuss a payment plan or settlement options regarding this account contact them thru____Date this Thursday On their previous letter in October they stated that" at this time no legal action has been initiated, however failure to resolve this account in a timely matter may result in further review by an attorney with this firm."   This is the only neg thing on my account.  The SOL will be up next May, just 5 months away, but I am concerned this is going to escalate quickly.   How do I proceed.  I have looked on other forums and these guys have brought cases to court for this amount and the fact that they are right here in my back yard has me concerned.

Stenger will probably sue .......... they are very active in MI lately.

If you can't afford to settle, you'd better start getting prepared to fight this out in court.

Keep your questions in one thread ....... I'd recommend the thread you started in "Is There A Lawyer In The House".

Answer the questions in this post and there will be help. Post them in 'Lawyer' thread.

I can settle and will because I do not want to risk a judgement.  I just want to know what to say to them.  Thinking " I do not believe this is my account, but I would rather not deal with this.  Maybe  we can find a way to work this out.  I will settle for xx amount if you can delete this from the CRA's."