Lost

knittybear

Heres my situation a little over a year ago I received a call from a ca working for OC.  HSBC  They had been sending letters but I couldnt pay anything at the time so when I picked up call accidentally, the agent offfered an agreement for a much lesser amount. 

I had him email me the agreement.  I have been paying for over a year the amount monthly that I agreed to.  Last month I had a call from another person about this acct who wanted to know I i would like to settle with a lump sum ,,,when I asked the balance to make sure everything was correct her quoted the original balance.....which would not have been correct anyway because I had paid for over a year on the balance.

I told him I had an agreement for much lesser amount  and he said I did not.  I couldnt find copy of agreement at the time because it was on a computer that had crashed a few months ago...I got that computer running today and printed copy of agreement!!  meanwhile this person has sent this collection to the cra just 2 weeks ago after I talked to him..He has the full amount and says delinquent.  looks like I have not been paying anything for the last year on this acct.

Not sure what steps to take first at this point.

I have a copy of agreement they are trying to back out of now...Also are they allowed to send this to Cra like they did..

sorry so long...any help would be great!!!!!!

Who did you make the agreement with? And have you paid on it faithfully, and not missed any payments? This info will help with any advice of what we would do. ;).

So you said it was a collection agency that was with the original creditor? This new collection agency, who did they say they were collecting for? Is it a different collection agency than the first one?

I would first pull a copy of my credit report and find out if the debt has been sold.

Send a debt validation to the person who called you, there are examples in this forum. Answer those questions, then we will go from there.

I made agreement with ca for original creditor HSBC.......made 13 payments did not miss one...thats not in dispute....when I said I received a call from another person to ask if i wanted to settle for a lump sump....it is from the same company I made the agreement with but a different person.  they are aware Im making payments ...they said they call twice a year to ask if you would like to settle for less with lump sum instead of continuing with payments...when I askedwhat  balance they had on record.it blew me away was almost 6000 more than I agreed on.....

Since then he has sent the full amout to cra showing no payments.  I have been paying for 13 months

I have a copy of cr and it shows charged off

A little more info please.  Who is the CA and how do you know they are not a JDB?  Lets' have a name of the so called ca, please.  Also can you post the agreement (black out the areas like your name and address and acct number).  

What was the debt for:  House, car, credit card?

The more info we have here the better someone will be able to help.