Collection on account marked paid closed

Pulled my credit reports and noted all of my Citi accounts that had been negative are now positive. I believe as part of the settlement with the USDOJ they corrected all negative remarks. Problem is there is still a collection agency listed in relation to a citi account. All of my Citi accounts listed on all reports are closed paid as a agreed 5/2006 the CA has the account opened in 2008.

How do I go about having this removed? I have opened a dispute with the CRA's and requested Validation from the debter (and now waiting)... After reading many of the posts it seems they are

1: trying to collect on a debt that does not exist

2: trying to collect on a zombie debt - Does it go by original debt or when they acquired it

3: possibly in violation of USDOJ settlement with regard to "The servicers will also repair any negative credit report entries related to the allegedly wrongful foreclosures and will not pursue any remaining amounts owed under the mortgages"

however i'm not sure if that pertains to debts they may have sold.

Just beginning to get things cleaned up many more to go but this is amount was the largest not to mention citi and the CA cost me a mortgage when rates were crazy low!

Thank you,

Jason

@azmtbrJason -  

All of my Citi accounts listed on all reports are closed paid as a agreed 5/2006 the CA has the account opened in 2008.

How do I go about having this removed? I have opened a dispute with the CRA's and requested Validation from the debter (and now waiting)...

When you say you opened a dispute with the CRA's, did you mail them dispute letters or did you do this online?  And what did you state as your dispute?