[Florida] Midland Credit Management

Lady Eris

Hi,

First of all I am so glad I found this website. I followed your validation process successfully. In October 20013 I started the validation process using all tools provided under Debt Validation subject. I sent the letter to RJM collection agency, they didn't reply. I waited until December 2013 to request a copy of my credit report from all three agencies. When I saw the credit report  the item was removed woo hooo!!!. I decided to do the same with three more accounts. Two were deleted from my credit report, and one was verified (very proud of myself... Thanks). I sent the verification letter provided on the Debt Validation process. There are few questions unanswered, please see below:

Please provide me with the following:

• What the money you say I owe is for; They answered
  • Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe; They provided a document with all the information where the last entry was 08/13/2009 for the amount of $1,806.20.
  • Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe; My name,  address, last four digits of my social security, and the original account number are in the document  that was sent. There was not a document with my signature (i.e. a check I sent with payment).
  • Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;  N/A
  • Identify the original creditor; They answered
  • Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account; They did not answer
  • Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state; and
  • Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent. They did not provide the information for the last two bullet points.

How do I proceed from here? Do I send another verification letter requesting the missing information?

Also, Midland is reporting to the credit bureau:

1. $2,978 instead of the original amount of $1,806.20.

2. Date opened Jan. 2012 when the last entry on the document sent is 08/13/2009. (the item was purchased on 10/19/2006).

I started reading about the SOL but I got confused. I appreciate any advice you may have.

Lady Eris -- Florida ::USA:: 

@Lady Eris

Debt validation is an FDCPA process.  It's not applicable when disputing an entry on your credit report.  But, they answered.  They don't have to provide you with most of what you requested.

Also, Midland is reporting to the credit bureau:

1. $2,978 instead of the original amount of $1,806.20.

2. Date opened Jan. 2012 when the last entry on the document sent is 08/13/2009. (the item was purchased on 10/19/2006).

A JDB can add whatever rate of interest that the OC charged.

The opened date is the date Midland opened the account in their files.  It has nothing to do with the date you opened the account.

When was the date of last payment that you made on the account?

What is the date of first delinquency (NOT last payment) being reported on your CR by the original creditor?

@ BV80 Thanks for your reply.

When was the date of last payment that you made on the account? 12/31/2008

What is the date of first delinquency (NOT last payment) being reported on your CR by the original creditor? The original creditor is no longer reporting  to the CR only Midland is. According to the documents sent by Midland the date the account went in delinquency was 02/08/2009.