Motion to Quash Service in California - Time Question

According to Code of Civil Procedure § 418.10.b, the hearing on a motion to quash service must be within 30 days of the filing of the motion, but when I called the court to get an assigned hearing date to prepare the motion, they gave me a date three months away.

The clerk accepted my motion to quash and put the hearing on calendar on that future date.

I'm presuming it's okay since the court sets the date, but does anyone know why the date is so far away and if the plaintiff can oppose the motion on the grounds it's not within the 30 day window? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance. I started a new thread on this from here: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/322480-substituted-servicediligence-timeline-question-in-los-angeles-county/ because if I need to take further action on the motion itself or even redo it, that needs to happen fairly quickly.