Judgement on credit report does not specify type of account?

jagar

I thought medical judgements and collections had to specify that it was medical or am I wrong about that?    

I have a judgement and it doesn't even list the name of the creditor, only the name of the collection company.  I tried to get the information from the courts but they say the judgement is from 2008 and the information is archived. Even the court is unable to see the creditor name, unless I pay $10.00 for them to do a search... 

I thought medical judgements and collections had to specify that it was medical or am I wrong about that?    

I have a judgement and it doesn't even list the name of the creditor, only the name of the collection company.  I tried to get the information from the courts but they say the judgement is from 2008 and the information is archived. Even the court is unable to see the creditor name, unless I pay $10.00 for them to do a search... 

A judgment is a court action and on your credit report only needs to state "judgment", the amount, and the court involved.  The plaintiff is in the court files.  It is impossible for many courts to keep every file on site permanently the storage requirements would be enormous so it is not surprising they have little information on a 6 year old judgment.  You can go to the court yourself and search the archives.

Medical debt only needs to be designated as medical if the provider name would indicate what kind of care was received.  For example the West Coast Breast Cancer Center would have to be changed to "medical" for confidentiality reasons.  Humpty Dumpty Hospital would not because ANYTHING could have been done medically there and no protected health information is in the trade line.  

I  need to prove that the judgement is medical.  Would it be best to get the information from the court (that will take days to dig it up because it's archived)  or directly from the collection company?

Thanks

I would start with the court.  If you call the CA they WILL start harassing you with the money.  Plus you want the facts in front of you not their version of them.

Why do you need to prove it is medical?