LisaDiane

Banning......

What is the deal with being "banned" on this site.....?  Like, I see next to poster's avatars, "500 posts and I haven't been banned yet", and a "warning posts" number under avatars.  And then I read in a thread that a favorite, HELPFUL poster isn't on here anymore because they were banned!

It's all a little scary to this newbie!

WHO decides who gets banned? 

Why do people get banned, or even "warned"?

If you get banned, can you ever come back??

Is there a place to read the ban-able offenses?  And WHO decides what THOSE are?

Thanks!

You would have had to have been here to know why, if your really curious you will just have to dig thru threads, administration has their reasons.

Actually, I was only using that as an example, I'm really interested in answers to my questions.....especially where to read WHAT the offenses are that get you banned, and what's the deal with the message above your picture -- "500 posts and hasn't been banned yet"? 

Is it really easy to get banned from this site?

"500 posts and hasn't been banned yet" was intended to be a funny response to a user's request to have a different label...something other than "newbie", etc.

The easiest way to get banned from this site is to post spam.  Beyond that we're actually pretty lenient.  We don't allow political discussions, but you'll get warned rather than banned.  We also don't permit flaming or member bashing, but usually we'll just lock the thread.

As for "helpful" users being banned...who do you have in mind?

• Like 1
Guest usctrojanalum

"The 500 posts and hasn't been banned yet" is simply an under-title, they are common in most internet forums and usually change as a poster sticks around long enough and makes enough posts.

As for "helpful" users being banned...who do you have in mind?

Oh, THAT doesn't matter to me -- I'm not questioning any admins decision to ban.  I was just using that as an example of how I was seeing a lot of the word banned, or banning, and it made me a little nervous that it could happen easily and I had better be careful. 

IS there a list of offenses leading to banning somewhere on here?  Like in the member info?  Cuz I missed it when I joined......and I definitely want to keep myself from inadvertently doing something against the rules!

Oh, THAT doesn't matter to me -- I'm not questioning any admins decision to ban.  I was just using that as an example of how I was seeing a lot of the word banned, or banning, and it made me a little nervous that it could happen easily and I had better be careful. 

IS there a list of offenses leading to banning somewhere on here?  Like in the member info?  Cuz I missed it when I joined......and I definitely want to keep myself from inadvertently doing something against the rules!

You will be warned about anything before you would be banned unless, as willingtocope stated, you post spam.

If all you need is help, there is plenty of it here. Ask politely. You'll be fine.