Credit Karma Commercials

Okay I just HAVE to ask.  Is anyone else noticing a major inundation of Credit Karma commercials as of late?  I sometimes two or three in a row back to back and they are on EVERY channel I ever tune to.  Is it just my area or are they doing some advertising blitz?  If it is a marketing campaign any hope they scale it back anytime soon?

Yeah, noticed then too.  I just read the "terms of use" on their web site.  I'm not absolutely sure I've paraphrased everything correctly, but what I gather is:

What you get is your TransUnion report and their FAKO score.  (You can still ask annualcreditreport.com for your other reports).  In return you authorize Credit Karma to keep a copy of that report as your "Registration Profile" in their files and use it to select offers from their "partners" that may be of interest to you (in other words, spam you with debt fixers, secured credit card offers, etc). 

No wonder its free...

Yeah, noticed then too.  I just read the "terms of use" on their web site.  I'm not absolutely sure I've paraphrased everything correctly, but what I gather is:

What you get is your TransUnion report and their FAKO score.  (You can still ask annualcreditreport.com for your other reports).  In return you authorize Credit Karma to keep a copy of that report as your "Registration Profile" in their files and use it to select offers from their "partners" that may be of interest to you (in other words, spam you with debt fixers, secured credit card offers, etc). 

No wonder its free...

Oh I TOTALLY get that if I go on here, social media, websites, my one email etc. that I might (will) see CK ads.  I am talking about TELEVISION which cannot be targeted to an individual.  Plus, since I am already a member showing me ads to join is pointless.  I just used the DVR to track it and in the past 32 minutes 30% of all television commercials on the one channel were Credit Karma ads.  One was the same ad back to back in a row (NOT separate commercial breaks) i.e. grandma version aired then the very next commercial was the exact same one.  This isn't for affiliates.  This is strictly to get people to join CK for their free credit score.  (yeah, free right)

What is up with that?  

I leave the TV on at night while I sleep.  The Discovery Channels...History, Science, Military, etc...run those ads back to back starting about 5am.

Credit Karma makes lots of money selling their "predictions" based on "Registration Profiles"...they want to make more.

It must be something.  I too leave the TV on at night.  Their ads are exhausting.  I can't hit mute fast enough.  Glad to know it isn't some weird conspiracy on my TV.  LOL