Being harrassed and threatened by exes debt collectors

I have been recieiving calls from Hyundai motor finance since 2013

my ex and i split up in 2012, and he hasnt paid anything for HIS vehicle since then. He has no intention of paying it seems, or returning their calls. so they contact me since he had used my phone on occasion to speak to them .

Now they called me today, of which i ignored, then started texting me. Saying that he needed to call them asap... well i told them we no longer speak and i dont have his contact info -- all of which i had already previously given to them. The told me that I could be charged as a co- conspirator (sp?) and that i could be held liable. Now my name is nowhere on his car lease.. nor any other bill he owes. They were trying to get me to get him on tape admitting to his drug use, which made no sense to me. What the hell does this all mean??? I know they cant do anything to me cause its not MY debt.. its his

dont i have some sort of legal recourse with this.. they had me in tears today cause my fiance and i are getting ready to buy a home and dont want something my moron ex did to jeopardize it

thanks ahead of time for feedback

im beyond angry right now and i am saving those text messages where they said i could be charged with a federal crime.. oh and they brought up my background as well.. my criminal history - seems like dirty tactics to me

Okay, stop worrying and crying.  You cannot be charged with ANY crime because you are no longer married to him and are not legally responsible for the debt.  The next time they call or text demand an address for them.  Then mail a cease and desist letter to them stating you are not legally responsible for your ex-husbands debt and they are not to contact you regarding his debt ever again.  I would even include language in the letter that their threats of arrest, violence and what ever else they threatened are illegal and a violation of consumer laws.  (yeah I know they may not be but these clowns may not know that either)  Mail it certified mail return receipt and that should make them go away.  

If they continue to harass you after the letter you can sue them under the TCPA.  

the latest thing they are trying to say they have my signatures on checks.. whatever that means 

i havent had a checking account since 2011 . And they are trying to say they have statements from employers -- which i work for my dad 

they tried to say my dad owns 3 horse farms in different states.. which couldnt be further from the truth 

so i see they are just trying to scare me still ... im getting really irritated by these ppl

the latest thing they are trying to say they have my signatures on checks.. whatever that means 

i havent had a checking account since 2011 . And they are trying to say they have statements from employers -- which i work for my dad 

they tried to say my dad owns 3 horse farms in different states.. which couldnt be further from the truth 

so i see they are just trying to scare me still ... im getting really irritated by these ppl

Next time they call calmly tell them you were so concerned about their illegal threats and false statements that you called local law enforcement and filed a complaint. You might even consider actually doing it if you have their contact phone numbers.  I would also file a complaint with your state's Attorney General.  The FCDPA does not apply to an original creditor but the AG will know if there are specific state laws they are violating and might go after them.  Oh, and I would tell these @ssclowns about the AG complaint too.

Just so you know, it does not matter ONE iota if you wrote EVERY check for the car payment until the day you divorced.  If you are not on the loan as a co-signor or borrower you absolutely NO legal obligation to pay the debt.  

yeah im nowhere on that vehicle whatsoever. And to clarify as well... we werent married 

I apologize if i didnt say that earlier - we only lived together. They havent responded since the last comment .... when i told them about my employer being my father... they are reallly reaching and im going to call my local Atty General office and let them know whats going on

I have an attorney on retainer as well, and i informed him as to whats going on. Im waiting to hear back from him now.. Im sure he will be more then happy to deal with this for me

I will sue the pants off these people.. i dont like idle threats