CA SENT LETTER SAYING TRADELINE WAS VERIFIED

abstruse

So I received a couple of letters from a CA/JDB. It basically says they received my dispute with the CRA and the letter was to let me know that they verified that the information is correct. That if I have any additional information to send it over them. (yeah right).

The OC has been removed by the CRAs. This tradeline from CA/JDB is dropping off in April. Do I just ignore their letter and wait until after the TL drops off my CR? Or is ignoring the letter an acknowledgement of the debt? 

I know they can still try and collect even after the reporting time has expired. What do I do then? Send them a C&D? Telling them that it is a zombie debt?

So I received a couple of letters from a CA/JDB. It basically says they received my dispute with the CRA and the letter was to let me know that they verified that the information is correct. That if I have any additional information to send it over them. (yeah right).

Depending on the circumstances that can be the prudent thing to do.  I had a situation where I had to cancel a satellite TV contract because the HOA would not allow the dish placement.  The company agreed to no fees and came and got all the equipment.  Then they sent me a bill for $800.  With every one I disputed and sent all the paperwork showing I owed ZERO.  Then they hired CAs.  This last go round I was not dunned first where I could repeat the dispute process with my documentation they just nailed my CRs.  When I sent the documentation I didn't owe the TL was gone in a day.

The OC has been removed by the CRAs. This tradeline from CA/JDB is dropping off in April. Do I just ignore their letter and wait until after the TL drops off my CR? Or is ignoring the letter an acknowledgement of the debt? 

I would FOAD them.  The TL is going to drop off soon enough that disputes at this point MIGHT work but I have seen CRAs dig in and not delete until the LAST possible moment.  Ignoring the letter at this late stage won't do you any harm.  They can't sue you and they can only report for 2 more months.  They are simply hoping you don't know this and will pay them.

I know they can still try and collect even after the reporting time has expired. What do I do then? Send them a C&D? Telling them that it is a zombie debt?

If you send the FOAD letter NOW they cannot continue to collect after the reporting time expires as it would be a FCDPA violation.  Why wait?

• Like 2