Re aging of debt?

mopman64

Not sure if this is re aging maybe some of you more smarts will be able to help.

This is my wife's issue by the way.

In 2008 my wife became ill on the job and was taken to the hospital 6 miles or so away from her work by ambulance.

We received a bill for 600 which I refused to pay, my argument is the ambulance get tax payer funding from us taxpayers in the township. 

Anyway they sent her to a collection agcy sometime in 2009.

A few weeks ago I pulled her CR and seen this was still on there so I called the CA trying to see if they would settle for a lesser amount and remove the trade line.

Answer was NO.  So I said ok if that's how it is so be it. 

A few days go by and I check my wife's CR and guess what there is another TL by the same co with the same acct number.  Only this one has on it Jan 2014. 

Now the org date of default is still on there as being 2009 but they just updated to add a new TL, so her CR took a major hit because of this.

I have just tonight disputed online with the CRA (EXPERIAN) and I told them this is a duplicate acct to remove it. 

So does this seem like re aging?  What are my options?

In 2008 my wife became ill on the job and was taken to the hospital 6 miles or so away from her work by ambulance.

We received a bill for 600 which I refused to pay, my argument is the ambulance get tax payer funding from us taxpayers in the township. 

Many smaller towns contract with a private ambulance company to provide services.  Even if they get partial funding from the county or city they still bill for transport services.  Many larger cities are now doing this as well.  It has NOTHING to do with tax payers and everything to do with providing the service.

Now the org date of default is still on there as being 2009 but they just updated to add a new TL, so her CR took a major hit because of this.

I have just tonight disputed online with the CRA (EXPERIAN) and I told them this is a duplicate acct to remove it. 

So does this seem like re aging?  What are my options?

They haven't re-aged the account if the original date of default is still there.  They only need to list one active trade line.  Either they zero balance the old one or they delete the new one.  However, if they keep the older trade line they can update it to still past due as of the current date which is just as big a hit on the FICO score as the new TL.

This was not a private ambulance company.  It was our own township rescue squad that the mayor gave permission to bill customers as well as get tax payer money (and that's my bitch with them).  But that is neither here nor there.

Both TL's are there with the opened date of 2009 with the original balance of 600 on both of them.   Same acct # on both. 

Both TL's read in this order:

One reads:  AS OF Jan 2014

One reads:  AS OF Oct 2012

This was not a private ambulance company.  It was our own township rescue squad that the mayor gave permission to bill customers as well as get tax payer money (and that's my bitch with them).  But that is neither here nor there.

Both TL's are there with the opened date of 2009 with the original balance of 600 on both of them.   Same acct # on both. 

Both TL's read in this order:

One reads:  AS OF Jan 2014

One reads:  AS OF Oct 2012

My guess is that they did not realize there was already a trade line and they could update it.  Your phone call reminded them of the account and they simply reported it believing it was not being reported or did not know how to update the existing TL and added a new one.

Dispute the new TL as duplicate and do it in writing.